Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
If so, why? And would you let your other half drive your car if you have one?

If not, why not?
username2923348
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

If not, why not?
No, because where I live I can't justify the extra cost when public transport is so good.

But I would let them drive a car if I had one because they are my partner and it makes more sense to have one car than pay for two IMO.
Anonymous #1
If you could pay the same as the public transport to drive, would you or do you prefer public transport?
(Original post by TheRealSquiddy)
No, because where I live I can't justify the extra cost when public transport is so good.

But I would let them drive a car if I had one because they are my partner and it makes more sense to have one car than pay for two IMO.
username2923348
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you could pay the same as the public transport to drive, would you or do you prefer public transport?
Probably still public transport, living in a major city really makes driving unpleasant.
Anonymous #1
Ah are you a Londoner mate? Would you prefer to drive if you lived in the countryside?
(Original post by TheRealSquiddy)
Probably still public transport, living in a major city really makes driving unpleasant.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago

If not, why not?
Nah I drive cucumber
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
Is English your first language?
RichPiana
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes cause it’s so much more convenient and means I don’t have to rely on public transport. Last minute plan with my mates? Just hop in my car and go. In an emergency? I don’t have to wait around for a bus or train. Wanna travel around the countryside? Don’t have to rely on the public transport which may not be that great in the area.

Also means that I can travel in peace and quiet during rush periods when everyone else is jammed into a bus/train.
Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I drive well... I take pride in it. Only man can control a beast many times the size of his own body. Such gives us dominion.
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

If not, why not?
Yes I have one and my other half drives it
username2861570
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No, I drive a p*ssy wagon.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

If not, why not?
I can drive, but I haven't driven in over 2 years, since about a week or so after I passed my test. I'm at uni so I have no need for a car. There's good public transport and not much parking. And at home. there's buses as well or my dad/brother have cars and are willing to take me places I can't get the bus to.

If I had a car, yeah my boyfriend could drive it. He's a good driver. He let me drive his truck just half way up the road once. But because he's in America, I hated it. Wrong side, no gears as it's automatic. You only drive with your right foot so my left foot was confused as it didn't have anything to do. I kept nearly pressing the gas and brake at same time, gave my boyfriend a stroke. Massive truck to control when I'm only used to a small Ford. So it's safe to say he would not let me drive it again, and I don't blame him!
Anonymous #1
Did Jesus post on tsr?
(Original post by JoshJoshJoshJosh)
Did Jesus need to drive a car? No? Didn't think so, anything he doesn't need, I don't need
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes.
I have a car so that I have access to my own transport and can travel with large dogs in the early hours.
I wouldn't let anyone else drive my car and risk my no claims bonus.
JustOneMoreThing
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Yes.
I have a car so that I have access to my own transport and can travel with large dogs in the early hours.
I wouldn't let anyone else drive my car and risk my no claims bonus.
What's 'no claims bonus'
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TheNamesBond.)
What's 'no claims bonus'
https://www.biba.org.uk/insurance-gu...-claims-bonus/
For me it works out at least £1600, based on what three of my friends of similar age and years of driving are paying for their insurance cover.
Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by paul514)
Yes I have one and my other half drives it
You... not so much chest beating now... 17.4 million
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have a car and once I pass, my partner will be a named driver on it. It's convenient if anything happens to his car as he needs a car every day for work and I don't have any worries because he's an excellent driver. It'll also help bring my premiums down as a new driver.
Last edited by bones-mccoy; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (15)
19.48%
No (62)
80.52%

Watched Threads