The Student Room Group

Alternative source for funding my Master

Hello!

I will be starting my postgraduate degree in September and, I am puzzling on how could I fund my studies in London.

I was pondering to ask related industries to my field whether they would be interested in funding my studies with the promise to redeem their support, after completing my degree.

I know that sounds unusual but, I should find a further financial source, apart from the SFE.

Do you think contacting industries in my field would have any tangible result?
Reply 1
What is your subject and does it have commercial potential?
Original post by political1996
Hello!

I will be starting my postgraduate degree in September and, I am puzzling on how could I fund my studies in London.

I was pondering to ask related industries to my field whether they would be interested in funding my studies with the promise to redeem their support, after completing my degree.

I know that sounds unusual but, I should find a further financial source, apart from the SFE.

Do you think contacting industries in my field would have any tangible result?

Have you researched university grants or trust grants? You need to research funding opportunities for yourself, as without the full picture, we can't really advise you.
Original post by Tcannon
What is your subject and does it have commercial potential?

Defence, Warfare, Security.

Original post by PhoenixFortune
Have you researched university grants or trust grants? You need to research funding opportunities for yourself, as without the full picture, we can't really advise you.

So far, I have applied for several scholarships and one charity. I don't want to jeopardise my masters and that's why I am looking for a further potential source. Perhaps I 'overeact' but I really can't compromise with the idea to go into a debt, while working to cover my maintenance. All this will significantly have negative impact on my performance.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
Most Master students either have support from parents, SFE loan, work for a few years and few have scholarships (1:1). There is the http://securityintelligence-erasmusmundus.eu/.
Original post by political1996
So far, I have applied for several scholarships and one charity. I don't want to jeopardise my masters and that's why I am looking for a further potential source. Perhaps I 'overeact' but I really can't compromise with the idea to go into a debt, while working to cover my maintenance. All this will significantly have negative impact on my performance.

Do you mean that you don't want to get the postgraduate loan? It's one of the cheapest loans you'll ever get if you're eligible for it, and you don't start paying it back until you earn £21k or more. Many people work before they pursue a master's, so that they can save up for a few years to cover their living expenses. This is an option for you too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending