The Student Room Group
I would get the textbook specific to your board.
I guess you're not doing your GCSEs this year then if you want the books this late?! Personally I like the CGP books... I know the jokes are rubbish lol but they have a lot of detail in without making it too much, and they are set out well, with lots of pictures etc.

Maybe ask your teacher for one they would recommend if not?
Reply 3
Does your school not give out textbooks then?
You're gonna be well-prepared! My brother is yr 9 too but he is not gonna be well-prepared :wink:
Reply 5
They should give you a Maths textbook as they can be up to £20 for GCSE.

Not sure about the others...
Reply 6
CGP for english, science and pe did wonders for me back then
Declan 06
yeah im in year 9 :smile:

Oh ok lol. Well yeah like i said, i think CGP are good, but it might be better to wait until next year before getting books, because often teachers recommend them, and sometimes you can buy them through the school at cheaper than usual.
Also aren't the GCSE specifications also changing along with the A levels that are changing?
So there might be a whole host of new textbooks and stuff.
Reply 9
Yeah - we got offered this excellent OCR History revision book for hardly anything and it was amaaazing as it was written to the specific specification. That was bad wording :wink:

As for textbooks..rather than revision guides..our school said it couldn't afford them lol. And half our textbooks are on CD format too !

Latest