The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Urgh, I too had English Language and History Non-Source today! Not fun at all, I wrote 7 sides for English and I can't say how much I wrote in History because they were just sections where we had to write the answers.
noobs you arent meant to do 10 pages for english
we were told if you do more than 6 then you will be pushing the examiner
apparently the best amount is a page for each of the first 4 questions in section a
and then 2 pages for section b
(i did almost 7 pages in total i think, about half a page more than that on each section)

-this is for AQA spec A, dno bout others
AnythingButChardonnay
It was white with blue boxes on it. Said GCE and GCSE exams at the top.

Ah mine had purple lines, it said GCSE GCE GNVQ and something else at the top.
trance addict
Ah mine had purple lines, it said GCSE GCE GNVQ and something else at the top.

I think some of our older paper used to be like that. And it had the names of exams boards on it?
AnythingButChardonnay
I think some of our older paper used to be like that. And it had the names of exams boards on it?

i cant remember :biggrin: it had a slot for writing in the board though
Reply 65
uh oh im feeling worried now, I didn't write half as much as everyone here!

Hmm i think I did about 5 sides max for eng and .... i think i was up to page 8/9 (the number at the bottom of the sheet) for history, if i remember rightly, is this too little?? I'm worried now!
my hand still hurts! :smile: but its not as bad as for some people i know- they actually got blisters where they were resting their pen! Its a bit scary for me though, cos practically everyone used at least 1 extra sheet for the history- so they wrote at least 8 pages..... i only wrote 4 and a half..... but it might be ok- my writing's small anyway and it shrinks loads whenever i do exams
my hand is a tank
Reply 68
lol my hand got massacred today...
Due to the aftermath of english, i had cramp within half an hour of the history exam. And to make matters worse, I have a geography exam tommorrow morning! (geography has double the content of history) :O
Reply 69
My hand had an involuntary grip on the pen when I reached option Y on the First World war, I couldn't leave go of it! I completed 10 sides of writing and it absolutely killed me.
I've never had to work to such a fast pace in my life :frown: Even then, I was struggling to finish the final question on General Haig and I missed out some quite important points on the reliability of the source when I come to think of it :frown:

An extra 5 minutes or so would have let me review my answers..... (I was still writing when the invigilator said 'put your pens down', only when she shouted it again did I take any notice! lol).

All the best for Geography 1 tomorrow guys, I'm in it too! I hope they don't put in a 6 mark question on the composition of Podsols or Latosols, then I can kiss my Geography good bye lol!
Reply 70
omg my hand hurts and ive got geo tomorrow, english 2 the day after :frown:

Latest