Can you rank these universities? (Biochemistry) Watch

Celal2001
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Basically I want to do biological sciences/ biology/ biochemistry

So far I have shortlisted 5 universities but don’t know how to rank them and which to pick as firm and which to pick as insurance.

I’m interested in:

University of Warwick
University of Exeter
King’s College London
University of York
University of Edinburgh

I do biology, chemistry and geography. I don’t want to be too confident but I’m high likely to get an A for geography, probably an A for biology and B or C in chemistry (not too sure on chemistry my grades fluctuate too much)

Is it hard to get a B in chemistry. It’s so hard!! You learn content and when you get an exam paper you don’t know what to do.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You don’t need to rank them or pick a firm and insurance until April 2020.

If you like those 5 just apply to those 5, visit if you can, talk to students and staff, find out about the details of the courses and the cities and decide next April which to pick as your firm.
swanseajack1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Nobody on here will know enough about each of these universities to be able to answer this. Your best bet if you insist on looking at rankings is to look at the Complete university guide although all rankings should be treated as what they are a guide. A few places really doesnt matter as the differences are small. Look at which course you prefer and where you would prefer to live for 3 years. Go to open days if possible to get a feel for the university.
(Original post by Celal2001)
Basically I want to do biological sciences/ biology/ biochemistry

So far I have shortlisted 5 universities but don’t know how to rank them and which to pick as firm and which to pick as insurance.

I’m interested in:

University of Warwick
University of Exeter
King’s College London
University of York
University of Edinburgh

I do biology, chemistry and geography. I don’t want to be too confident but I’m high likely to get an A for geography, probably an A for biology and B or C in chemistry (not too sure on chemistry my grades fluctuate too much)

Is it hard to get a B in chemistry. It’s so hard!! You learn content and when you get an exam paper you don’t know what to do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Bloomsbury Undergraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (59)
22.1%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (91)
34.08%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (57)
21.35%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (25)
9.36%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (35)
13.11%

Watched Threads