The Student Room Group

Really worried about my possible A-Level Physics Result

Hi guys, I'm quite stressed at the moment so wondered if anyone had any advice or help. I had one of my A-Level Physics exams a few days ago and even though it was a lovely paper and I found it mostly fine, the minute I left the exam hall I knew I had made some really silly mistakes in places.

Since it was such a lovely paper, I'm worried that the grade boundaries are going to be really high, since everyone else found it easy, and that might mean I have to do really well in Paper 2 and 3 (the difficult ones, so it's possibly unlikely) to get a decent grade. All I need is a C, and now I'm really worried that might not happen because I've screwed up on Paper 1.

Any advice/help? It's really stressing me out and even though I need to concentrate on the next paper, I can't stop thinking about it.
Reply 1
Original post by Lydia4512
Hi guys, I'm quite stressed at the moment so wondered if anyone had any advice or help. I had one of my A-Level Physics exams a few days ago and even though it was a lovely paper and I found it mostly fine, the minute I left the exam hall I knew I had made some really silly mistakes in places.

Since it was such a lovely paper, I'm worried that the grade boundaries are going to be really high, since everyone else found it easy, and that might mean I have to do really well in Paper 2 and 3 (the difficult ones, so it's possibly unlikely) to get a decent grade. All I need is a C, and now I'm really worried that might not happen because I've screwed up on Paper 1.

Any advice/help? It's really stressing me out and even though I need to concentrate on the next paper, I can't stop thinking about it.

As long as your method is correct, making silly mistakes won't lose you too many marks
Original post by Lydia4512

I put the wrong units for momentum and had to just guess the last 5 multiple choice questions because i ran out of time. i also skipped a whole question, think it was the optics part, because it was taking up too much time. so im in the same boat mate
Reply 3
People who are on studentroom usually hardcore tryhards, so obv they will find nearly everything ez, chillax.
It was relatively hard exam + it was really early and got weird questions which put many people off, all those factors wouldn't make grade boundaries higher than last year maybe even a bit lower.
Paper 2 should be less random and logic based, if you know your theory you should be fine.
I'm in a weird situation too, my range of marks is insane from 53-65 and same with many other students, nobody rly knows wtf this exam is hard or easy.
Original post by Hollie127
I put the wrong units for momentum and had to just guess the last 5 multiple choice questions because i ran out of time. i also skipped a whole question, think it was the optics part, because it was taking up too much time. so im in the same boat mate
Yeah I'm in a similar position, I came out of the exam feeling pretty good, came on here and realised I got different answers to a lot of people, crap.
Like @xipo7101 says, the majority of students on here are super smart (doing my part to bring that down), so they aren't representative of the
cohort.
The paper is done now, it's in the past, all you can do is your best to focus on the next one. You've probably done better than you expect, stressing out over something you cannot change is pointless.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending