Kieran181819
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Guys I’m currently struggling with my A levels. Doing chem maths and geography. I had to drop out due to depression but plan to go back next year to finish them off. Now Want to study accounting at university and the grade requirements are ABB or BBB with A level maths. However honestly I think A level maths is not for me. I could mabye get an A in geography and a B in chem and we’ll the third one? Would it be a smart idea to take a level business and tryhard in one year to get a B/A. What I’m saying is I’m sick and tired of A level maths and doubt I’ll get a B. Should I switch to an easier A level and aim for the best grades possible?
Kieran181819
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kieran181819)
Guys I’m currently struggling with my A levels. Doing chem maths and geography. I had to drop out due to depression but plan to go back next year to finish them off. Now Want to study accounting at university and the grade requirements are ABB or BBB with A level maths. However honestly I think A level maths is not for me. I could mabye get an A in geography and a B in chem and we’ll the third one? Would it be a smart idea to take a level business and tryhard in one year to get a B/A. What I’m saying is I’m sick and tired of A level maths and doubt I’ll get a B. Should I switch to an easier A level and aim for the best grades possible?
Basically what I’m asking is how hard is A level business compared to maths? Chemistry etc. And is it smart just to aim for the highest grades possible? Better to get higher grades than lower ones. I feel like if I worked for business I’d get a higher grade then if I worked for maths? I’m in a bit of a situation
kawaii sashimi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
business is quite coursework and research heavy so if you're good with that and can manage your time, and if it allows you to study accounting at uni, then go for it. you can get an A/B in any subject if you're organised with learning content and learn exam technique - maybe even in one year. and personally, I think maths is harder than business, but this depends on the person

one thing to think about is that a lot of unis prefer maths, but if you find a uni and course ur happy with, it might be better do go for a subject you think you'll do better in and get better grades
(Original post by Kieran181819)
Basically what I’m asking is how hard is A level business compared to maths? Chemistry etc. And is it smart just to aim for the highest grades possible? Better to get higher grades than lower ones. I feel like if I worked for business I’d get a higher grade then if I worked for maths? I’m in a bit of a situation
Kieran181819
Rep:
?
Thanks for the response and yea I'd be doing the business/ maths in one year. I'd be doing A2 chem, A2 geo and a fast track subject. I'm not applying to a Russel group I just want to the best grades possible and I'm not 100% sure which subject I'd do better in I need 3Bs minimum. But I'll be okay. I was about to give up on exams due to failing dramatically this year but I'll give it one more go ☺️
(Original post by kawaii sashimi)business is quite coursework and research heavy so if you're good with that and can manage your time, and if it allows you to study accounting at uni, then go for it. you can get an A/B in any subject if you're organised with learning content and learn exam technique - maybe even in one year. and personally, I think maths is harder than business, but this depends on the person

one thing to think about is that a lot of unis prefer maths, but if you find a uni and course ur happy with, it might be better do go for a subject you think you'll do better in and get better grades
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (73)
22.6%
Excited but a bit nervous (146)
45.2%
Not bothered either way (38)
11.76%
I'm really nervous (66)
20.43%

Watched Threads