The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Chemistry Unit 2 (Old Syllabus) 22 May 2019

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I was stupid and I wrote red instead of purple for the funnel Question, ugh I hate myself. Of course iodine is purple ! *facepalm*
That is sad. The only thing I was thinking about was that A, B, and C naming question. *profile pic facial expression*
Original post by usman200186
They Literally wrote Colors in bold😂 in the question
Bruh at least yours is a colour. Good luck tho
Original post by Hana987
I was stupid and I wrote red instead of purple for the funnel Question, ugh I hate myself. Of course iodine is purple ! *facepalm*
Reply 23
The paper was meh, I just take a lot of time for each question so I ran out of it. Could’ve done better with more time.
But hey I contributed to the low boundaries !
is there a thread for the new syllabus??
Reply 25
But it’s still a zero my love ! :frown:
Original post by Sara aliyeva
Bruh at least yours is a colour. Good luck tho
I found the naming A B C question confusion. Did we have to write E and Z isomers for B and C?
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5963536 join me here
Original post by dametucosita
Nah
Original post by dametucosita
Reply 29
Wait what, think I just wrote the formula ! 😯
I found the naming A B C question confusion. Did we have to write E and Z isomers for B and C?
i any of u just did the new spec join the thread here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5963536
Yea you could write formula as well as the name. I wrote E and Z isomers for but-2-ene.
Original post by Hana987
Wait what, think I just wrote the formula ! 😯

B and C made one compound, so they were but-2-ene because if double bond is in the center the bromide ion can be attached to 2nd or 3rd carbon but product name will be the same which was X (2-bromobutane).

And A was but-1-ene which can for 2 products, one is major which Is X and the other one in less yield was Y (1-bromobutane)
Yea I got this right. 😯🎉
B and C made one compound, so they were but-2-ene because if double bond is in the center the bromide ion can be attached to 2nd or 3rd carbon but product name will be the same which was X (2-bromobutane).

And A was but-1-ene which can for 2 products, one is major which Is X and the other one in less yield was Y (1-bromobutane)
What do you think the grade boundaries for A’s gonna be? This exam was harder than last year’s
What do you think the grade boundaries for A’s gonna be? This exam was harder than last year’s

I think in between 57-63

Yuh and D is butan2ol
Yea you could write formula as well as the name. I wrote E and Z isomers for but-2-ene.

Don’t worry I wrote the Cis trans notation too cause they wanted specifically since they had 2 blank lines
Guys did anyone times the mr of iodine by two ? Since it’s number of atoms ?
I did
Original post by carolinaaa
Guys did anyone times the mr of iodine by two ? Since it’s number of atoms ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending