Didn't NUMBER my continuation sheet Watch

PukkaLifeDerm
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I used all the time in my exam but at the end I noticed I hadn't put the number of the question on the continuation sheet.

The problem is I didn't do the paper in order so I'm worried over half of my work won't get marked. Arghhh so annoyed with myself.

I know this is probably an issue since they're all scanned in.

has anyone had any experience of this???
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by PukkaLifeDerm)
I used all the time in my exam but at the end I noticed I hadn't put the number of the question on the continuation sheet.

The problem is I didn't do the paper in order so I'm worried over half of my work won't get marked. Arghhh so annoyed with myself.

I know this is probably an issue since they're all scanned in.

has anyone had any experience of this???
If it's obvious what question you were answering, the markers will figure it out, as it happens quite often! Which exam was this in, and was it just once question you didn't number, or was it all of them?
Last edited by Labrador99; 4 weeks ago
FlightVelocity
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you continued on a question into the new booklet, the marker will logically move from one booklet to the next. Otherwise, they'll quite probably be able to see what question you were trying and will mark it as normal. The only reason it would go unmarked is if the marker can't figure out which question you were trying to answer - and the only reason that would happen would be if you wrote nothing which answered any quesiton, in which case you wouldn't have got any marks for your answer anyway. So don't worry about it - you'll get the marks you deserve
PukkaLifeDerm
Rep:
?
(Original post by Labrador99)
If it's obvious what question you were answering, the markers will figure it out, as it happens quite often! Which exam was this in, and was it just once question you didn't number, or was it all of them?
I would say I probably didn't number two of them but maybe three if I'm unlucky.

It was the AQA geography paper 1 exam.
Labrador99
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I would say I probably didn't number two of them but maybe three if I'm unlucky.

I've just moved this over to the A level forum for you- you'll be able to get the most relevant advice there, as I only have experience dong SQA (Scottish) exams, though I suspect that how they deal with things like this will be similar!
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It seems to happen more and more frequently now :facepalm:
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

It all depends if the non-numbered responses can be clearly identified with a question number. If not, the work will not be awarded credit - it's not always automatic that credit will be given I'm afraid.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by FlightVelocity)
If you continued on a question into the new booklet, the marker will logically move from one booklet to the next. Otherwise, they'll quite probably be able to see what question you were trying and will mark it as normal. The only reason it would go unmarked is if the marker can't figure out which question you were trying to answer - and the only reason that would happen would be if you wrote nothing which answered any quesiton, in which case you wouldn't have got any marks for your answer anyway. So don't worry about it - you'll get the marks you deserve
This isn't quite right. It's not necessarily that straightforward.
PukkaLifeDerm
Rep:
?
thanks you've put my mind at ease a bit here. I was afraid my grade would be substantially lower than what I can achieve as it wouldn't include the end of my answer and conclusions in essays (which are essential)
PukkaLifeDerm
Rep:
?
well it was geography and question which required judgement and linking back to the question at the end so hopefully they can see which question goes with which answer.

I've just moved this over to the A level forum for you- you'll be able to get the most relevant advice there, as I only have experience dong SQA (Scottish) exams, though I suspect that how they deal with things like this will be similar!
PukkaLifeDerm
Rep:
?
well it was geography and question which required judgement and linking back to the question at the end so hopefully they can see which question goes with which answer.
(Original post by Reality Check)
FlightVelocity
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Ooops. Just realised that I mistook the A-Levels for the Scottish Qualifications forum. So there is a fair chance it's different down south. Nonetheless, I think it will be marked fairly
Labrador99
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Ooops. Just realised that I mistook the A-Levels for the Scottish Qualifications forum.
Don't worry, you didn't get the forums mixed up- it was in ScotsQuals before I moved it over :wizard:
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Ooops. Just realised that I mistook the A-Levels for the Scottish Qualifications forum. So there is a fair chance it's different down south. Nonetheless, I think it will be marked fairly
I certainly hope for the OP that it's straightforward enough for full credit to be awarded for the work
PukkaLifeDerm
Rep:
?
so do I as it would be a real shame
I certainly hope for the OP that it's straightforward enough for full credit to be awarded for the work
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Don't worry, you didn't get the forums mixed up- it was in ScotsQuals before I moved it over :wizard:
Just out of interest, can ST still thread merge, or is this an SL thing now? I've seen a couple of threads which could do with a merge, but I'm never quite sure who does it now. (they aren't in SH by the way)
Labrador99
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just out of interest, can ST still thread merge, or is this an SL thing now? I've seen a couple of threads which could do with a merge, but I'm never quite sure who does it now. (they aren't in SH by the way)
If both are under 20 posts then we can, but if it's longer than that we have to ask so that nothing breaks I think
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If both are under 20 posts then we can, but if it's longer than that we have to ask so that nothing breaks I think
Thanks I know all about that - I broke a thread with about 200 posts in it once whilst trying to merge it into another one with 3. I think it wasn't long after that that Captain Jack decreed that we merge no more! :whip:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Bloomsbury Undergraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (59)
22.1%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (91)
34.08%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (57)
21.35%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (25)
9.36%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (35)
13.11%

Watched Threads