No predicted grades on UCAS but I still got accepted Watch

bellairisrose
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I've been accepted by UCL and KCL and rejected by Durham, LSE and Oxford. I asked Durham for feedback on my application and two days ago I got an email from them saying that there were no predicted grades on my application (I had also gotten an email from LSE before, saying they couldn't find my predicted grades either). I just checked my UCAS application and found that there are actually no predicted grades, so I called UCAS and they said they couldn't find them either (although I am sure I put them in). Now I'm just confused as to how I get accepted to UCL and Kings when my predicted grades are not there?
esrever
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by bellairisrose)
I've been accepted by UCL and KCL and rejected by Durham, LSE and Oxford. I asked Durham for feedback on my application and two days ago I got an email from them saying that there were no predicted grades on my application (I had also gotten an email from LSE before, saying they couldn't find my predicted grades either). I just checked my UCAS application and found that there are actually no predicted grades, so I called UCAS and they said they couldn't find them either (although I am sure I put them in). Now I'm just confused as to how I get accepted to UCL and Kings when my predicted grades are not there?
How did you put in the predicted grades as a student?
Admit-One
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You referee might have included them in their reference, it's easy to miss though so some Uni's will not pick up on them.

Some Uni's will make a standard offer to all applicants who are taking the essential subjects for the course. I'd be very surprised if UCL and KCL do this though.
bellairisrose
Rep:
?
(Original post by esrever)
How did you put in the predicted grades as a student?
Well I was there when my coordinator put them onto UCAS.
esrever
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Well I was there when my coordinator put them onto UCAS.
You should contact your coordinator and ask them to email all the universities and UCAS as soon as possible and make necessary amendments.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
HoldThisL
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
you shouldn't be able to see your predicted grades because they go in the reference which isn't visible to you

unless im greatly mistaken there's no predicted grades section on the ucas applicant application section; just sections for achieved grades and exams yet to be taken
adamdubs
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
How were you able to check your predicted grades?
Coolkitkat23
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
wow well done on getting a place!!!!! how did you do in gcses? i think they might've accounted that
bellairisrose
Rep:
?
I called UCAS and they told me that there were no predicted grades entered by my coordinator
(Original post by adamdubs)
How were you able to check your predicted grades?
bellairisrose
Rep:
?
(Original post by Coolkitkat23)
wow well done on getting a place!!!!! how did you do in gcses? i think they might've accounted that
Thanks! I didn't enter any of my previous grades as I did MYP (a kind of IB version of GCSEs) and the unis didn't say it was necessary to enter those.
Coolkitkat23
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
ah its cause this girl in my class her brother got an unconditional offer to queens mary. kinda a loss for oxford though to lose a good student! MYP are you from america?
Thanks! I didn't enter any of my previous grades as I did MYP (a kind of IB version of GCSEs) and the unis didn't say it was necessary to enter those.
motivatedmadman
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Congrats on the news ! What are your predicted grades and what are you going to study?
DragonsOfAsshai
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Wow i'd be so mad with my referee. At least you got UCL and KCL otherwise could have been a disastrous mistake. It's a bit late to tell the unis now I guess; congrats though, must have had a banging personal statement
TheTroll73
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Predicted grades are dumb and I think universities should not trust schools to give anything accurate (especially oxbridge, why do they have interviews then?!). Take my case (although these were for sixth from applications):

My school when I did GCSE boycotted my applications to all good A level schools by putting predicted grades MUCH LOWER than what I would actually get (I got 5A* 4A and a C in literature despite the awful teaching). That school has the IB diploma in sixth form (I think now all the years are IB), which I didn't want to do because I would fail IB English SL (even lang and lit), although I got A* in english language GCSE. I simply despise literature so much that it would ruin my application to study math at top unis (which is ridicoulous). and further math was not available (as well as being forced to do stats in those anyway, while I would rather take more pure or mechanics). In the end, just to have a slim shot for top unis, I decided to self-study A levels math FM, and physics, as all the good schools were full by results day...

A bad referee makes all the difference because of the idiotic predicted grade thing...
emily_392
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What are your predicted grades? Your application must have been really good if they accepted it anyway!
frostfly
Report 3 weeks ago
I don't remember there being a section on the UCAS application where you have to fill in your predicted grades. My tutors mentioned my predicted grades on my reference. So I think it's just the case that you were very fortunate with UCL and KCL.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (306)
15.12%
The paper was reasonable (1116)
55.14%
Not feeling great about that exam... (442)
21.84%
It was TERRIBLE (160)
7.91%

Watched Threads