ADHD- when were you diagnosed & how do u deal with it? Watch

leopard202
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi guys, i've been wondering as I don't know anyone else with it.

I have mild moderate ADHD i think they diagnosed me when i was a kid and my parents havent told me more they don't like talking about it so i don't use it as an excuse for things.

However I've always struggled especially in bouts of depression where my symptoms really heighten. I'm in uni final year and have a 3 month extension and still cannot do anything. Focus is literally impossible. Everything is a haze i can only flit around on surface thoughts and my eyes glaze over. I feel like my brain perceives things at toddler level. (not intellectually, but sensorially)

What is your situation like?
BraemarEwan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I have ADHD, it’s tough I was only diagnosed last year. I do feel like a “child” sometimes I struggle with my focus and dealing with basic things like reading bus timetables etc. I often get depressed when i’m bored.

It’s tough
leopard202
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
How old are you now?
Is being depressed while bored a common symptom? I didn't know that..
Also do you get any support for it?
(Original post by BraemarEwan)
I have ADHD, it’s tough I was only diagnosed last year. I do feel like a “child” sometimes I struggle with my focus and dealing with basic things like reading bus timetables etc. I often get depressed when i’m bored.

It’s tough
BraemarEwan
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’m 20, 21 in August. I’m not too sure if it’s a symptom but I usually get bored if I don’t do anything “exciting” like on days off work, it’s easy to feel bored where I live since it’s a tiny village in the middle of nowhere. I get medication from the hospital that helps with my concentration
(Original post by leopard202)
How old are you now?
Is being depressed while bored a common symptom? I didn't know that..
Also do you get any support for it?
leopard202
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Yeah boredness is a symptom, because we're used to having a short attention span that if we're faced with not much to put our attention on it 'hits' us, maybe that's why you feel depressed, it feels like an emptiness?
Ahh ok living in a village makes a lot of sense for getting bored
(Original post by BraemarEwan)
I’m 20, 21 in August. I’m not too sure if it’s a symptom but I usually get bored if I don’t do anything “exciting” like on days off work, it’s easy to feel bored where I live since it’s a tiny village in the middle of nowhere. I get medication from the hospital that helps with my concentration
BraemarEwan
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah, it feel like emptiness definitely, it’s not a nice feeling, once you feel like that it is hard to get out. I sometimes take a bus or the nearest city but it’s 2 and half hour bus journey - so takes ages
(Original post by leopard202)
Yeah boredness is a symptom, because we're used to having a short attention span that if we're faced with not much to put our attention on it 'hits' us, maybe that's why you feel depressed, it feels like an emptiness?
Ahh ok living in a village makes a lot of sense for getting bored
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (62)
21.31%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (102)
35.05%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (62)
21.31%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (28)
9.62%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (37)
12.71%

Watched Threads