The Student Room Group

Edexcel a level business 2019

So far I have seen nothing on the Edexcel course, so here goes. Can we start a discussion on the exams the next few weeks please. Anybody got any predictions for paper 1 tomorrow?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
So far I am thinking definitely marketing strategy, and also managing people, also looking at either trade blocs or tariffs for a 20 marker.
Reply 2
Yes I agree also think that Joint Venture and Global Mergers will come up
You mean the EPG model right? (ethno, poly, geo)
Original post by sammyvee
So far I am thinking definitely marketing strategy, and also managing people, also looking at either trade blocs or tariffs for a 20 marker.
Reply 4
No, I was thinking more theme 1 marketing as it’s been pretty neglected over the past 2 years papers, but I have also payed extra attention to to the EPG model as that too is yet to come up
Can someone please explain the EPG model?!? My teacher literally skimmed over it and I’ve no idea what it is!!! Seriously stressing for tomorrow!!

Also does Ansoffs Matrix, Porters Generic Strategy and Porters five forces come up in this exam??? Or are those unit 2 and 3?
Ethnocentric basically means that the business will market their products the same all over the world. And that they offer the exact same thing everywhere. Polycentric means that for each country they adapt the product and brand name, to make it tailored to the needs of each market. And Geocentric means that they keep the big brand name the same, but change the product slightly i.e. McDonald's change some of the food their offer based on culture and eating habits in that country, but all the restaurants are still called McDonald's. It's based on Glocalisation.
Original post by isthatnataliee
Can someone please explain the EPG model?!? My teacher literally skimmed over it and I’ve no idea what it is!!! Seriously stressing for tomorrow!!

Also does Ansoffs Matrix, Porters Generic Strategy and Porters five forces come up in this exam??? Or are those unit 2 and 3?
Thank you!! That’s actually really helpful!!!
Do you know if the matrix and other strategies are in this paper??
Boston matrix and ansoff's matrix are in this paper. and porters generic strategy and five forces are not, they're paper 2
Thank you!! That’s actually really helpful!!!
Do you know if the matrix and other strategies are in this paper??
Oh thank god!! Thank you!! I actually know those two!!
Original post by mirandawoodxx
Boston matrix and ansoff's matrix are in this paper. and porters generic strategy and five forces are not, they're paper 2
Original post by mirandawoodxx

No. Only Boston matrix. Ansoff's matrix is a whole chapter in theme 3.
We can still refer to Ansoff’s if it relevant I think tho as I noticed it was quickly mentioned in Theme 4 I just didn’t know if it was fully covered
Original post by the9-1labrat
No. Only Boston matrix. Ansoff's matrix is a whole chapter in theme 3.
Reply 12
Jesus I’m starting to feel the nerves now. I just know that the exam will be full of stuff that I have somehow missed or the questions will be misleading😂
I’m getting really nervous as well!! Like honestly I’m stressing so much!! Yeah I’m scared the questions are going to be really awkward to answer and I know how rushed it is for time!! 😭
Original post by sammyvee
Jesus I’m starting to feel the nerves now. I just know that the exam will be full of stuff that I have somehow missed or the questions will be misleading😂
could someone explain trading blocs and what to talk about in an essay
Reply 15
See below
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 16
I’m getting really nervous as well!! Like honestly I’m stressing so much!! Yeah I’m scared the questions are going to be really awkward to answer and I know how rushed it is for time!! 😭

Ahhhhh time, don’t even mention time!!!!!🥶
Reply 17
Original post by Natalie Parker
could someone explain trading blocs and what to talk about in an essay

https://www.economicshelp.org/blog/glossary/trading-blocks-pros-and-cons/
This should give you everything you need!
Reply 18
How did everyone find it?
It was decent did you finish the paper? 20 markers were good

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending