The Student Room Group

Edexcel a level business 2019

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Zenith_
That ARR question was cheeky as FȔCK!

Anyway, the answer was 2650%. This is the correct answer.

I didn't actually get that answer in the exam as I was rushing and forgot to multiply the earnings by 2. After the exam I did it again and discussed with a couple friends who were aiming for A*s and we all got this answer.

How to do it:

Cost Of Glasses: £4
Increased Earnings: £108
Years: 2

108 x 2 = 216 (Total earnings)

216 - 4 = 212 (Earnings subtract initial cost)

212 / 2 = 106 (Dividing by the number of years)

106 / 4 = 26.5 (Dividing by initial cost)

26.5 x 100 = 2650% (Times by 100 to get a percentage)

That makes complete sense and now I feel stupid for not being able to get the right answer in the exam😂😂
Reply 81
I KNOW bc it was for a person not for a business. I did all of that but forgot to multiply by 100 at the end Probably bc 26.5 already looks like a percentage 😭
Original post by Zenith_
That ARR question was cheeky as FȔCK!

Anyway, the answer was 2650%. This is the correct answer.

I didn't actually get that answer in the exam as I was rushing and forgot to multiply the earnings by 2. After the exam I did it again and discussed with a couple friends who were aiming for A*s and we all got this answer.

How to do it:

Cost Of Glasses: £4
Increased Earnings: £108
Years: 2

108 x 2 = 216 (Total earnings)

216 - 4 = 212 (Earnings subtract initial cost)

212 / 2 = 106 (Dividing by the number of years)

106 / 4 = 26.5 (Dividing by initial cost)

26.5 x 100 = 2650% (Times by 100 to get a percentage)
literally!!! this makes so much sense but it confused me so much bc we've never seen anything like it before
Original post by sammyvee
That makes complete sense and now I feel stupid for not being able to get the right answer in the exam😂😂
Original post by Clarefff
What did people get for the other four marker? I got around 388 but can’t remember the question lol

I got the same however it was mentioned in the other paper 2 thread that it was in terms millions so you had to specify 388 million but 388 is still 3 marks.
ahaha my mate did that in the exam as well
Original post by Ramisah
I KNOW bc it was for a person not for a business. I did all of that but forgot to multiply by 100 at the end Probably bc 26.5 already looks like a percentage 😭
I wish I saw this before the exam.do you have any predictions for paper 3?
Reply 86
Original post by hailey.love
I wish I saw this before the exam.do you have any predictions for paper 3?

There’s a prediction thread elsewhere, I’ll tag you when I get a sec if you can’t find it. I haven’t had a chance to look yet, but I’ll look tomorrow (5/7 of my paper 1 predictions were correct)
Hey guys, I know it said the glasses last 2 years but that doesn't mean the income will be £108 each year right? Because you only pay for the glasses once? So would it be 108-4/2 (divided by 2 to find profit between the 2 years) and then divide by 4 (initial investment) x 100 = 1300%? Or did I understand the question wrong? (Btw didn't get this in the exam)
okay thanks

Original post by sammyvee
There’s a prediction thread elsewhere, I’ll tag you when I get a sec if you can’t find it. I haven’t had a chance to look yet, but I’ll look tomorrow (5/7 of my paper 1 predictions were correct)
Reply 89
How is everyone revising for paper 3? Feels so boring to keep through all the same content over and over again and don't feel like it's going in my head any more
The glasses lasting for 2 years has no link to his income, as in it doesnt affect it. You have to do £108 x 2 (as it was for 2 years) -4 ( intial cost) /2 then / 4 x 100.

Original post by dream_high
Hey guys, I know it said the glasses last 2 years but that doesn't mean the income will be £108 each year right? Because you only pay for the glasses once? So would it be 108-4/2 (divided by 2 to find profit between the 2 years) and then divide by 4 (initial investment) x 100 = 1300%? Or did I understand the question wrong? (Btw didn't get this in the exam)
Original post by toby evans
The glasses lasting for 2 years has no link to his income, as in it doesnt affect it. You have to do £108 x 2 (as it was for 2 years) -4 ( intial cost) /2 then / 4 x 100.

okkie sad life :puppyeyes:
I've only just found this thread - wish I'd found it earlier!How did everyone find paper 3? I found it the hardest of the three papers...
i thought it was ok, my timing was good as i had enough time to check the whole paper through at least twice, although i hated the first 20 marker
Original post by bectre12
I've only just found this thread - wish I'd found it earlier!How did everyone find paper 3? I found it the hardest of the three papers...
Oh wow that's good timing!
I pretty much finished though I had to miss a conclusion on a 20 marker.
Yeah that first 20 marker was hard, I spent about 15 mins just on the maths stuff!
i could do the maths but i had no idea what it meant or how to relate it well. i literally just worked it out and then left it haha
Oh wow that's good timing!
I pretty much finished though I had to miss a conclusion on a 20 marker.
Yeah that first 20 marker was hard, I spent about 15 mins just on the maths stuff!
I didn’t even know the question asked us to calculate the numbers. I actually thought they asked us to look at context A, B, C 😅😭
Oh no! Did you manage to figure it out later during the exam and do some of the maths stuff or did you only find out after it had finished?
Sounds sensible cuz at least you managed to finish the rest of it! And with lots of spare time 😊

Original post by marywagland123
i could do the maths but i had no idea what it meant or how to relate it well. i literally just worked it out and then left it haha
what was ur decision for that q in the end?!
Sounds sensible cuz at least you managed to finish the rest of it! And with lots of spare time 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending