‘The International Student’s Guide to Studying in the United Kingdom’

Watch
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello to the Student Room. :hello:

This post will kick start a series of forum posts which will help International Students who are interested in studying in the United Kingdom. Today’s post will be a brief introduction to Liverpool as an international city and what Liverpool Hope University can offer students.

Liverpool: A Truly International City :lfc:

One of the biggest challenges for International Students, when studying in the UK, is learning to live and thrive in an area which is hundreds, something thousands, of kilometres away from home. One of the best things for International Students considering studying in Liverpool is that the city is internationally diverse and extremely friendly. Home to Europe’s oldest Chinese communities and Britain’s oldest Black African community, Liverpool is historically and culturally one of the UK’s most diverse cities.

Liverpool is one of Britain’s most historically and culturally rich cities. In 2008 Liverpool was named the cultural hub of Europe. From the cultural quarter, consisting of St. Georges Hall and the cities central library, to the famous Albert Docks, Liverpool is architecturally stunning. For history lovers, the city boasts the world’s largest museum dedicated to Trans-Atlantic Slavery. For lovers of the Arts, the city is home to the Tate Art Gallery and the Beatles Museum. These are just a fraction of the places you can visit as a student in Liverpool.

Additionally, the city is one of the friendliest places in the country. Liverpool has an extraordinary ability to be a lively city, with over half a million resident, whilst simultaneously also being extremely welcoming, with a real sense of community spirit. In 2018, Liverpool was voted the kindest and most helpful city in England.

A Modern University with a History of Academic Excellence :smartass:

Liverpool Hope University is a unique university with a rich history dating back to 1844. Our beautiful campuses mix traditional and modern architecture with stunning grounds. Our well-equipped smaller campuses mean that it’s easier for you to get to know people and no-one gets lost in the crowd! There are lots of clubs and groups for you to get involved in.

Liverpool Hope University offers a special place to learn, combining excellent academic standards, small class sizes and great facilities with the pastoral care and support of a collegian community. We get to know you as individuals so that we can help you to develop skills and interests outside your study area. At Liverpool Hope, you will be part of a vibrant community that provides help and support to make sure you get the best from university life.

Signing off

Dom S

:tsr:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (54)
40%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (23)
17.04%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (6)
4.44%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (12)
8.89%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (15)
11.11%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (12)
8.89%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
9.63%

Watched Threads