AQA Eng Lit Paper 2- Loves and Relationships Poetry Watch

ilovethemanics
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Good afternoon all, hope the exam has gone well today :-)

Just curious to see what people compared ‘Winter Swans’ to in the exam today.

I compared it with Porphyria’s Lover.
xaliciax2003
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I compared to Sonnet 29
ilovethemanics
Rep:
?
Nice, I was thinking about comparing it to that initially. How did you find the question?
(Original post by xaliciax2003)
I compared to Sonnet 29
Uphystar
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I compared to Sonnet 29
Same
xaliciax2003
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I found it okay to be honest. Im really glad it was not a family relation one. I think Love Philosophy would have been the best option but I think I would of got a better mark with sonnet 29 as i knew quotes with language and structural devices.
(Original post by ilovethemanics)
Nice, I was thinking about comparing it to that initially. How did you find the question?
ilovethemanics
Rep:
?
Tbh I was hoping that if it was a family relationship, it was Follower so I could’ve compared it to Eden Rock. I chose Porphyria’s because there’s both differences and similarities. Thank goodness for Stacey Raey, Mr Salles and Mr Bruff!

What text did you study, I did An Inspector Calls?
I found it okay to be honest. Im really glad it was not a family relation one. I think Love Philosophy would have been the best option but I think I would of got a better mark with sonnet 29 as i knew quotes with language and structural devices.
ilovethemanics
Rep:
?
What did you think of the question? Personally I thought it was alright :-)
(Original post by Uphystar)
Same
xaliciax2003
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I did an Inspector Calls too, what question did you pick
Tbh I was hoping that if it was a family relationship, it was Follower so I could’ve compared it to Eden Rock. I chose Porphyria’s because there’s both differences and similarities. Thank goodness for Stacey Raey, Mr Salles and Mr Bruff!

Uphystar
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
We did An Inspector Calls, I didn't like the questions on it though.

ilovethemanics
Rep:
?
I did the Shelia one, the selfishness one was too broad in my opinion. Which one did you do? Probably wasn’t as bad as you thought it was :-)
(Original post by Uphystar)
We did An Inspector Calls, I didn't like the questions on it though.
ilovethemanics
Rep:
?
The Shelia one, I thought the selfishness question was too broad. Yourself?

I did an Inspector Calls too, what question did you pick
xaliciax2003
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I did the Selfishness one just because i didnt know enough sheila quotes to write an essay
The Shelia one, I thought the selfishness question was too broad. Yourself?
ilovethemanics
Rep:
?
Yeah, I just thought which one I knew the most about. What did think of paper 1?
I did the Selfishness one just because i didnt know enough sheila quotes to write an essay
xaliciax2003
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Paper one I did Macbeth and A Christmas Carol, Macbeth was a easy question and ACC was a okay question just didnt know quotes
Athenaxx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I did the selfishness question for AIC and i compared winter swans to When we two parted
ilovethemanics
Rep:
?
I did Romeo and Juliet and the question was nice, ACC was meh, I felt like I just told the plot. Think I put too many irrelevant quotes....

Paper one I did Macbeth and A Christmas Carol, Macbeth was a easy question and ACC was a okay question just didnt know quotes
paperytomato
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i compared it to sonnet 29 and i did the sheila one because it was easier to go into more depth and cover everything. how did you guys find the unseen? i thought it was a good one
ilovethemanics
Rep:
?
I did the Shelia one, I personally think the selfishness one would be the harder out the two. I was also thinking about doing WWTP, but I thought I could write more about P’s Lover. Did you like the question? :-)
(Original post by Athenaxx)
I did the selfishness question for AIC and i compared winter swans to When we two parted
Athenaxx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Im so annoyed I didn't finish the unseen section. The poems were really easy and I had alot to say but I had only 10 mins to complete a 24 marker and 8 marker
ilovethemanics
Rep:
?
I thought the unseen was GREAT, really enjoyed it! I also did the Shelia question and I agree with you, I thought there was more to write about! I have heard some other people say they compared it to sonnet29, which I think is a good comparison. Hope it has gone well for you and I you luck in your other exams :-)!
(Original post by paperytomato)
i compared it to sonnet 29 and i did the sheila one because it was easier to go into more depth and cover everything. how did you guys find the unseen? i thought it was a good one
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
  • University of Brighton
    Photography MA open afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
  • University of Plymouth
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19

Who do you think will be the next PM?