The Student Room Group

Nottingham GEM (A101) Applicants 2020 Entry

Hi guys!

Hope I'm not too early to be posting this, but wanted to get a thread going for people applying for Graduate Entry Medicine at University of Nottingham next year. Hopefully we can use this to ask questions, get updates, and generally help each other out :smile:

I'm currently a psychology student on a placement year where I've discovered my love for medicine! What are other people's reasons for choosing GEM?

Edited to add: Nottingham A101 2020 Offer Holders thread
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6482914
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey! I am also applying to Nottingham for 2020 entry, I have recently completed my degree in Biological sciences, should be getting my grades back in a matter of a few weeks! Finally decided to stop chickening out and actually apply for medicine, always wanted to just never had the guts or self-belief really. All of this is really daunting though.
Reply 2
Hey! I'm also planning to apply to Nottingham 2020 entry. Finished a degree in radiography (which I didn't do that great in) almost two years ago but been working as a radiographer for a year now. I've kinda left it late to start preparing for the gamsat, barely remember anything from a-levels, but hoping for the best. WE GOT THIS!
hows everyones GAMSAT revision going?
Reply 4
Only two months until GAMSAT day everyone! Decided to buy the Gold Standard book for sections 1 and 2, despite how expensive it is because I'm scared I'll trip up on those sections :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Hi! Applying for Nottingham having just finished my Engineering degree this year :smile:

Only just applied for the GAMSAT and gonna start working for it ASAP, suddenly getting very nervous - has anyone taken it before?
I bought that about a 1.5 months ago and I've found it extremely helpful! I actually wanted to post on here to find out how everyone's finding S2? Did anyone buy an online correction service?
Original post by myoung8898
Only two months until GAMSAT day everyone! Decided to buy the Gold Standard book for sections 1 and 2, despite how expensive it is because I'm scared I'll trip up on those sections :s-smilie:
hi everyone
i was just wondering , would anyone want to compare essays? im struggling to know if mine are good and don't really know who to go to?
Reply 8
Will be very happy to once I've written some haha, planning on getting cracking on that section this week.
Would be happy to have a look over yours and give you some feedback though if you wanna pm me?
Original post by khan57
hi everyone
i was just wondering , would anyone want to compare essays? im struggling to know if mine are good and don't really know who to go to?
Reply 9
Hey!

I'm also applying for GEM at Nottingham. I tried last year but failed at the interview stage so hoping this goes better. Thankfully I dont have to retake the GAMSAT! I never looked at TSR last time I applied so I thought I would this time. Best of luck to everyone :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by hlocharl
HI guys, I was just wondering if anyone could answer my question..As I haven't got in this year, I am planning on studying a Masters starting in September for the next year and reapplying to medical school for the year after; if anyone has done a masters on here, is this a viable option? I'm really worried over the start dates overlapping if I got in and don't know if its possible..

Hi, I got a 2:2 and decided to do my masters last year. I think it's worth it, my masters finishes this year September and I will put my UCAS application in October 2019 for the Gem 2020 admissions.
Original post by SSCBayes
Hey!

I'm also applying for GEM at Nottingham. I tried last year but failed at the interview stage so hoping this goes better. Thankfully I dont have to retake the GAMSAT! I never looked at TSR last time I applied so I thought I would this time. Best of luck to everyone :smile:

Someone who's already taken the GAMSAT! How did you prepare? What would you do differently, if anything, if you did it again? What did you get in the end? Well done - what a nice feeling it must be to not have that looming.
Original post by Really_Mature
Someone who's already taken the GAMSAT! How did you prepare? What would you do differently, if anything, if you did it again? What did you get in the end? Well done - what a nice feeling it must be to not have that looming.

I had no science background so focused on section 3 prep! I already felt good for the other two sections so I only did a couple past papers for the most part!

I used the gold standard book & videos for my prep! Basically did 9-5 every day going over section 3 material. Because there was so much I had never covered (didnt do any science a levels) it took me a long time to cover and understand the content. This meant I didnt do as many past papers for section 3 as I would have liked to. I am selling the materials I used very cheap if you want to DM me!

I cant remember my exact overall score but it was between 74-78!
Bloody hell, that’s a great score. Well done! Where did you go wrong in the interview, if you don’t mind me asking?
Original post by Really_Mature
Bloody hell, that’s a great score. Well done! Where did you go wrong in the interview, if you don’t mind me asking?

Not too sure! The feedback doesnt give you more than a score for different areas - doesnt even give you specific information from each interview station!
Ah well, thanks anyway. Good luck this time!
Hey guys, just wondering how everyone is studying for the GAMSAT particularly section 1 and 2 :smile:
Hi all, Sorry about asking some questions that may be completely off topic, but I'm looking to apply to Notts for GEM 2020 (A101) but I'm absolutely entirely unsure of what I'm doing. I have an undergraduate Honours Degree, Anthropology BSc (2:2) and I'm looking at starting in 2020. I know the last GAMSAT date is the 11th of September this year, and I'm due to start a job in October, working as a Care Support Worker for six months, which covers the experience side of the application, but other than that, I'm at a complete loose end trying to figure it all out on my own. If anyone could explain the application process to me, regarding UCAS, which site I need to use, how I apply, how I go about NHS funding, etc I'd greatly appreciate it. Essentially, any and all help... Many Thanks and Kind Regards, Connor C
(edited 4 years ago)
What were the cut offs for grades and the GAMSAT for getting into Nottingham last year?
Hi guys, feeling really stressed at the moment regarding the GAMSAT does anyone have any tips on how to study for it? Thanks

Latest