The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bexjw
Thank you! I have to wait until the 18th for attendance to be chased and then they’ll confirm if anymore offers will be given. Not quite over yet. 😊

Oh wow, a glimmer of hope!!! I'm keeping everything crossed for you. Going off your support and tenacity in this thread, you really deserve a place!! 🤞🤞💪
Original post by Nettmed16
Oh wow, a glimmer of hope!!! I'm keeping everything crossed for you. Going off your support and tenacity in this thread, you really deserve a place!! 🤞🤞💪

Thanks so much! 😊
Original post by Bexjw
Thanks so much! 😊

Oooh this is exciting. Have you started an application from 2021 just in case or sitting UCAT again? Would you apply to Notts again or other unis?
Original post by HighFlyingSkies
Oooh this is exciting. Have you started an application from 2021 just in case or sitting UCAT again? Would you apply to Notts again or other unis?

I have! I managed to rearrange my UCAT to the 29th at my local test centre to give time (although my revision is not happening at all haha)! My UCAS is complete other than adjusting my PS and asking my referee if they’d be happy to resubmit for me as you can’t enter a referee’s details without it sending the request.

I’m more optimistic and with the insight that there’s been less attendees but of course it’s not a guarantee and I’d be devastated if after ALL this, there’s still no space.

I’ll apply to Notts, possibly Sheffield, St. George’s and Warwick. 😊
Original post by Bexjw
I have! I managed to rearrange my UCAT to the 29th at my local test centre to give time (although my revision is not happening at all haha)! My UCAS is complete other than adjusting my PS and asking my referee if they’d be happy to resubmit for me as you can’t enter a referee’s details without it sending the request.

I’m more optimistic and with the insight that there’s been less attendees but of course it’s not a guarantee and I’d be devastated if after ALL this, there’s still no space.

I’ll apply to Notts, possibly Sheffield, St. George’s and Warwick. 😊

Did you hear anything back from Notts?
Original post by HighFlyingSkies
Did you hear anything back from Notts?

Hey, no I haven’t. There’s a few of us that emailed for updates as we have passed their expected deadlines that we were given. We’ve had no response yet. I’m hoping that today was their deadline and that Monday will bring news.
Original post by Bexjw
Hey, no I haven’t. There’s a few of us that emailed for updates as we have passed their expected deadlines that we were given. We’ve had no response yet. I’m hoping that today was their deadline and that Monday will bring news.

Swansea have closed their waiting list as they didn’t get extra places. So back to applying through UCAS!
@Bexjw have you heard anything?
Original post by Ramipril
@Bexjw have you heard anything?

Complete radio silence. No response to emails from Thursday/ Friday for any of us. Expected today at least but who knows. I would have thought if it was bad news then we’d have an email that would have said and it would only take a few minutes to send out to everyone. Must be something in the pipeline.
@Bexjw any news?
Original post by Willrobert1998
@Bexjw any news?

Nothing. I’ve been trying to chase it up and have had no response. (It’s the same with us all that we’re given deadline dates/ hope for further offers after attendance was checked).

I wouldn’t mind either way but I’ve been procrastinating on my UCAT revision as I was optimistic for news and now there’s been complete radio silence and I’m having to make up for it.

I’d just like to know either way. I was told that I’d be kept updated so I find it really difficult having to still be waiting at this point when the deadline for application is approaching and quite frankly, the longer it goes on, the less likely it’ll be that there’s offers to go out. I imagine the course has a date where you simply can’t catch up from.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Bexjw
Nothing. I’ve been trying to chase it up and have had no response. (It’s the same with us all that we’re given deadline dates/ hope for further offers after attendance was checked).

I wouldn’t mind either way but I’ve been procrastinating on my UCAT revision as I was optimistic for news and now there’s been complete radio silence and I’m having to make up for it.

I’d just like to know either way. I was told that I’d be kept updated so I find it really difficult having to still be waiting at this point when the deadline for application is approaching and quite frankly, the longer it goes on, the less likely it’ll be that there’s offers to go out. I imagine the course has a date where you simply can’t catch up from.

Really bad that they haven’t replied yet :/
Original post by Willrobert1998
Really bad that they haven’t replied yet :/

Yeah, I know. Complete silence. I just want to know where I stand with it all. I thought I’d have had the closure by now and an email to say no more offers surely doesn’t take a week after their deadline to send out.

I emailed Sarb today to check that I wouldn’t receive an out of office response too. Nothing came back so I can only assume she is working but they’re still not sure on their current stance for future offers. I know priority must be given to those who have an offer and may be struggling to attend (especially if international and paying £££). It just strikes me as really terrible communication, especially when they know the next application cycle is around the corner.

If I knew of someone else to contact, then I would but it’s that difficult area of how much do you pester before someone gets back to you and does it verge on inappropriate to contact someone else.
Original post by Bexjw
Yeah, I know. Complete silence. I just want to know where I stand with it all. I thought I’d have had the closure by now and an email to say no more offers surely doesn’t take a week after their deadline to send out.

I emailed Sarb today to check that I wouldn’t receive an out of office response too. Nothing came back so I can only assume she is working but they’re still not sure on their current stance for future offers. I know priority must be given to those who have an offer and may be struggling to attend (especially if international and paying £££). It just strikes me as really terrible communication, especially when they know the next application cycle is around the corner.

If I knew of someone else to contact, then I would but it’s that difficult area of how much do you pester before someone gets back to you and does it verge on inappropriate to contact someone else.

This will sound stupid but have you tried phoning the med school or even central notts admissions
Finally got a generic response.

“Following your interview you was informed that your details would be placed on the waiting list and you would be contacted if a place became available. I can now confirm all places for the course for September 2020 entry have been filled. Therefore, we will no longer be using the waiting list.

So very drawn out to give bad news at the end.
Original post by Bexjw

“Following your interview you was informed that your details would be placed on the waiting list and you would be contacted if a place became available. I can now confirm all places for the course for September 2020 entry have been filled. Therefore, we will no longer be using the waiting list.

Not a good way to treat applicants. Such a stressful process applying for medicine at the very least if people put on a waiting list they should be given clear and timely information about their applications and when/if the waiting list closes. Hope you are OK and good luck for next year.
Original post by Bexjw

So sorry to hear that 😞

So close! You just have to get in next time! Do you know where you're applying yet?
Reply 1997
Sorry to hear that @Bexjw. Good luck for next years application, not going to lie I had a mini heart attack when I saw Sarb’s name on an email 😂
Thanks everyone! I must admit, the relief and weight off my shoulders has been immense. Today is the first day where I’m not obsessing over my emails.

It sucks to get so close but these things happen for a reason! I’ll be in such a better position next year, both personally and application-wise.

I’m currently thinking Warwick, Notts, St George’s and possibly Sheffield. 😊

It’s been an absolute pleasure to share this cycle with you all, we’ve been through hell and back! I’ll see you guys who are reapplying in the 2021 thread. I’m going to be so much more chill with this application! 😂
Original post by Bexjw
Thanks everyone! I must admit, the relief and weight off my shoulders has been immense. Today is the first day where I’m not obsessing over my emails.

It sucks to get so close but these things happen for a reason! I’ll be in such a better position next year, both personally and application-wise.

I’m currently thinking Warwick, Notts, St George’s and possibly Sheffield. 😊

It’s been an absolute pleasure to share this cycle with you all, we’ve been through hell and back! I’ll see you guys who are reapplying in the 2021 thread. I’m going to be so much more chill with this application! 😂

I've been through the Sheffield application and interview process twice, so feel free to PM me if you've got any questions about it. And of course, if you were to get a place at Sheffield and decided to take it, I'll see you next September 😊

Latest

Trending

Trending