alysidferns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by khan57)
hi everyone
i was just wondering , would anyone want to compare essays? im struggling to know if mine are good and don't really know who to go to?
Hey! I would be more than happy to compare essays. I'm not sure how to improve so this will help me.
aspir167
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Connor_C97)
Hi all, Sorry about asking some questions that may be completely off topic, but I'm looking to apply to Notts for GEM 2020 (A101) but I'm absolutely entirely unsure of what I'm doing. I have an undergraduate Honours Degree, Anthropology BSc (2:2) and I'm looking at starting in 2020. I know the last GAMSAT date is the 11th of September this year, and I'm due to start a job in October, working as a Care Support Worker for six months, which covers the experience side of the application, but other than that, I'm at a complete loose end trying to figure it all out on my own. If anyone could explain the application process to me, regarding UCAS, which site I need to use, how I apply, how I go about NHS funding, etc I'd greatly appreciate it. Essentially, any and all help... Many Thanks and Kind Regards, Connor C
Are you planning on taking a masters to help you to get in or are you depending on a higher GAMSAT score?
alysidferns
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Anyone know how to send GAMSAT scores to their respective medical schools? is this something that can had to be done during the time of registration or something that can only be done after taking the test? I take mine on 9/5/2019
SSCBayes
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by alysidferns)
Anyone know how to send GAMSAT scores to their respective medical schools? is this something that can had to be done during the time of registration or something that can only be done after taking the test? I take mine on 9/5/2019
At some point online either before or after you sit the exam you can go online and select the schools you wish to send your scores to. They will be sent your scores as soon as they're available
alysidferns
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by SSCBayes)
At some point online either before or after you sit the exam you can go online and select the schools you wish to send your scores to. They will be sent your scores as soon as they're available
Not 9/5 sorry.. 9/11. I'm guessing this is the GAMSAT ACER page correct? Because I couldn't find a link where I could select the schools.
SSCBayes
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Not 9/5 sorry.. 9/11. I'm guessing this is the GAMSAT ACER page correct? Because I couldn't find a link where I could select the schools.
I dont remember the exact page, but you get an email when you can do it. So unless you have got an email that bit just isnt available yet
Ellios
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hey! I would be more than happy to compare essays. I'm not sure how to improve so this will help me.
I have a few essays I've written over the last week or so if you'd like to compare? Not sure how best to send them though, any ideas?
alysidferns
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Ellios)
I have a few essays I've written over the last week or so if you'd like to compare? Not sure how best to send them though, any ideas?
Hey! I've actually signed up for the essay correction service through Gold Standard to receive some professional feedback because my essay writing skills under time pressure is actually worse than I thought. If you have the time or the money you can email them your essays and they should get back to you soon.
Last edited by alysidferns; 5 months ago
berries366
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Did anyone use the ACER written communications practice test to get rough marks on their essays? I was just wondering how realistic the scores may be for that
SuperFly
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Does anyone know the GAMSAT cut off score for Nottingham 2019 entry? Or for those who recieved interviews, what was you score? Kindly appriciated :-)
xtragravity
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by berries366)
Did anyone use the ACER written communications practice test to get rough marks on their essays? I was just wondering how realistic the scores may be for that
I used it - can't remember what score range it gave me but it did give a reasonable score and I did well in that section on the day. I don't really understand how it calculates your score range and I wouldn't imagine it'll be completely realistic but it should be able to give you a rough idea of where you're at.
Helpmepeeps
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by SuperFly)
Does anyone know the GAMSAT cut off score for Nottingham 2019 entry? Or for those who recieved interviews, what was you score? Kindly appriciated :-)
It was exceptionally low this year. I’m sure people had interviews with 55.
I got 58.
BoilingMarmalade
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by SuperFly)
I believe it was 55 for a 2.1 and 60 for a 2.2 so it was pretty low last year.
berries366
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by xtragravity)
I used it - can't remember what score range it gave me but it did give a reasonable score and I did well in that section on the day. I don't really understand how it calculates your score range and I wouldn't imagine it'll be completely realistic but it should be able to give you a rough idea of where you're at.
Thank you
hlocharl
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi!

I'm reapplying this year for GEM at Notts, I got to interview stage last year so hopefully it will go better for me this year haha!!

Anyone have any predictions what the cut off GAMSAT score could be? Last year it was so low so i'm hoping it wont be too much higher if not the same as i got 58!!

Best of luck to everyone sitting the GAMSAT tomorrow!!
Ellios
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by hlocharl)
Hi!

I'm reapplying this year for GEM at Notts, I got to interview stage last year so hopefully it will go better for me this year haha!!

Anyone have any predictions what the cut off GAMSAT score could be? Last year it was so low so i'm hoping it wont be too much higher if not the same as i got 58!!

Thanks!

I'm hoping it'll be similar to last year too but I guess there's no way of telling till afterwards

Any idea if the GAMSAT score is given any weighting other than just as a cut-off? Like will a better GAMSAT score give you better chances of getting in or is it just to check you meet the threshold then disregarded post interview?
SSCBayes
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Thanks!

I'm hoping it'll be similar to last year too but I guess there's no way of telling till afterwards

Any idea if the GAMSAT score is given any weighting other than just as a cut-off? Like will a better GAMSAT score give you better chances of getting in or is it just to check you meet the threshold then disregarded post interview?
Think it's just as a cut off and *maybe* to decide if two applicants get the same score on their interviews?

(Original post by hlocharl)
Hi!

Same position as me! The GAMSAT score cut offs are generally not too high for nottingham I dont think, so just gotta hope the trend continues haha
Rari
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Good Luck to everyone taking the Gamsat tomorrow!!
darklordofpepsi
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Thanks!

GAMSAT score is used 99.9% of the time purely as a cut-off for interview. I believe in the rare occasion that two candidates are tied for interview scores, then the GAMSAT may come into play as a tie-breaker. Otherwise, it is just a means to land an interview.
myoung8898
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I know some people hate discussing exams, but how did you guys find the GAMSAT? Personally sections 1 and 2 were decent, section 3 was incredibly difficult (but most people seem to agree so I’m hoping once the scores are scaled some of us will be okay!)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (479)
66.44%
No (242)
33.56%

Watched Threads