The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

FYI Sarb is on annual leave till 19th August, just got an auto reply...
Original post by HighFlyingSkies

She probably needs a break from all our noise :') bless
Original post by HighFlyingSkies

Thankfully, she’ll be back in tomorrow then! She’s probably desperate for a break. Let us know if she gets back to you. 😊
So as of this morning my position has not changed, so it seems there has been no movement in the last few days..
Original post by sidibrighton
So as of this morning my position has not changed, so it seems there has been no movement in the last few days..

Not the news I was hoping for.. thank you anyway.
Original post by Bexjw

Yeah I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news- there's still time so you're still in the game!
Original post by Bexjw

Still just under 3 weeks left, fairly certain you will get an offer. Waiting list has moved a total of 24 places so far...
I know it’s stupid but I am actually starting to lose hope now. It’s been such steady movement and now a complete stop. Feel like I was hopeful for nothing. Someone has to be number 1 when the list closes.
Original post by Bexjw
I know it’s stupid but I am actually starting to lose hope now. It’s been such steady movement and now a complete stop. Feel like I was hopeful for nothing. Someone has to be number 1 when the list closes.

Hiya - I’m #1 on Swansea’s waiting list and I feel exactly the same. There’s been very little movement with Swansea for weeks and like you it’s so hard keep being positive. I did meet an F1 last week and he had just graduated from Swansea. He said to not give up hope until the last day. He got a place 2 weeks before the start of the course and his friend the starting week. So who knows, let’s keep sending positive vibes that it’s going to happen and keep everything crossed. Let’s face it, if it’s gonna happen it will happen to us first! 🙏😜🤞
Original post by Nettmed16
Hiya - I’m #1 on Swansea’s waiting list and I feel exactly the same. There’s been very little movement with Swansea for weeks and like you it’s so hard keep being positive. I did meet an F1 last week and he had just graduated from Swansea. He said to not give up hope until the last day. He got a place 2 weeks before the start of the course and his friend the starting week. So who knows, let’s keep sending positive vibes that it’s going to happen and keep everything crossed. Let’s face it, if it’s gonna happen it will happen to us first! 🙏😜🤞

Thanks so much for this- I'm way far off at 7 but honestly/stupidly have no other plans for this year so dying to get in and get started- I loved Swansea so much everything about it was a dream!
Original post by sidibrighton
Thanks so much for this- I'm way far off at 7 but honestly/stupidly have no other plans for this year so dying to get in and get started- I loved Swansea so much everything about it was a dream!

Yes I agree. I only applied to Swansea as it’s THE place for me! But I found this Notts thread really helpful and supportive! My back up plan is more volunteering and trying to get some work experience or shadowing experience. I’ll let you know if I get any news from Swansea! Best of luck and fingers crossed!
Yes I agree. I only applied to Swansea as it’s THE place for me! But I found this Notts thread really helpful and supportive! My back up plan is more volunteering and trying to get some work experience or shadowing experience. I’ll let you know if I get any news from Swansea! Best of luck and fingers crossed!

I've also found the thread helpful- this whole experience has been strange at times. All the very best going forward, whatever happens 😊

Thanks for this. I’m sure you’ll get a spot at Swansea - being number 1 puts you in such a good position and I’m sure there still a few weeks to go! 💪🏻 I’m trying to stay positive but this is the first time I’ve really started to doubt it’ll happen this year! So close yet so far! I said I’d email on Friday so we shall see! Fingers crossed! 🤞🏻🤞🏻
Does anyone know what position the waitlist was at this time last year? Or if it moved again or not? Sorry i would check myself but i cant seem to find last years waiting list thread. Any info would be really appreciated :biggrin:
Original post by Chrish16
Does anyone know what position the waitlist was at this time last year? Or if it moved again or not? Sorry i would check myself but i cant seem to find last years waiting list thread. Any info would be really appreciated :biggrin:

Early thirties got in last year, I believe. The last few pages of that thread never seem to load properly, I have no idea why, so can’t confirm a set number.

No idea if it’s moved yet but I’ll email tomorrow after my nightshift and see as planned.
Thanks, good luck for your offer! :smile:

Original post by Bexjw
You’d be better asking in the offer holders thread (link is in the first post of this thread) as this thread is mainly waiting list and updates of movement. 😊

Thank you! I will - I’m just resisting the urge to email Sarb every 2 seconds! 😂 x
I'm sure I heard of someone a couple of years ago who got a place after the course had started - like they were in the middle of redoing the GAMSAT and got a call at lunchtime.
Original post by BoilingMarmalade
I'm sure I heard of someone a couple of years ago who got a place after the course had started - like they were in the middle of redoing the GAMSAT and got a call at lunchtime.

Imagine! “Enjoy Section 3, losers, I’m off to med school!” 😂 You’d actually cry with happiness that you didn’t have to finish it but also tears of sadness that you’ve endured half of it and had to pay.. oh Medicine. Cruel mistress!
Original post by BoilingMarmalade

That's crazy hahaha
I remember asking for an update end of august or start september last year though and sarb said they started the course already so won't take anyone?

Latest

Trending

Trending