The Student Room Group

exam went really badly can't stop thinking about it :(

I think I probably got a U in the AS stats and mechanics exam and I can't stop thinking about it. I know I can retake next year if necessary and results day is ages away but I keep obsessing over it because I'm so overwhelmed and sad with how poorly I did. I keep crying so much everytime I think about it. What should I do to move on?
thats fine the grade boundaries will be really low all my friends were crying abut it
Original post by Anonymous
I think I probably got a U in the AS stats and mechanics exam and I can't stop thinking about it. I know I can retake next year if necessary and results day is ages away but I keep obsessing over it because I'm so overwhelmed and sad with how poorly I did. I keep crying so much everytime I think about it. What should I do to move on?
What exam board? Ive got unofficial mark schemes and boundaries for some it might put ur mind at ease xx

You have no real idea of how well or how badly you did. People are notoriously bad at judging their examination performance, and certainly if you feel it went bad it probably went much less 'bad' than you thought.

Fundamentally you can't retake it,and what's done is done. So try to put it out of your mind and really concentrate on your next examination. That's the most positive thing you can do right now.
No one has grade boundaries for the exams that were taken this year btw. So dont believe anyone who says that because grade boundaries come from analysis of every candidates result
Reply 5
Original post by theds10
thats fine the grade boundaries will be really low all my friends were crying abut it

I expect it but I'm sure I'll still not do well.
What exam board? Ive got unofficial mark schemes and boundaries for some it might put ur mind at ease xx

Edexcel. I've tracked the thread on tsr but it makes me feel worse. Thanks anyway though :smile:
Original post by Reality Check
You have no real idea of how well or how badly you did. People are notoriously bad at judging their examination performance, and certainly if you feel it went bad it probably went much less 'bad' than you thought.

Fundamentally you can't retake it,and what's done is done. So try to put it out of your mind and really concentrate on your next examination. That's the most positive thing you can do right now.

Thanks/ My exams are over - it was my last exam - which is why it's so upsetting for me. Every other exam was decent I just don't understand why I couldn't understand any of the questions. I felt so stupid, you know?
Original post by steveeem
No one has grade boundaries for the exams that were taken this year btw. So dont believe anyone who says that because grade boundaries come from analysis of every candidates result

Yes that's true. I still did super badly though but atleast it's over.
Everyone I know thought the paper was awful so just know that you’re not alone we are all in the same boat. Chin up and work your absolute hardest for the next one, it’s all you can do now :smile: x

Thanks/ My exams are over - it was my last exam - which is why it's so upsetting for me. Every other exam was decent I just don't understand why I couldn't understand any of the questions. I felt so stupid, you know?

I know - and you really do have my sympathy - it's just horrid when you get that feeling that you've truly cocked up. But as I say - it's really very likely that you've done better than you think, and certainly better than a U grade!

Now your examinations are over, treat yourself. Do something nice - meet up with some friends, make some plans for the summer - anything but think about those damn exams! And count yourself lucky that, unlike me, you don't have to start marking them fairly soon! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending