The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i got 78/100 on my coursework so i did decent. i reckon the grade boundaries will be pretty high though because in my mock it was like 85% for an 8.
Original post by Ashishzach
i got 78/100 on my coursework so i did decent. i reckon the grade boundaries will be pretty high though because in my mock it was like 85% for an 8.

We are the first year doing it though so those boundaries were set by your school. I think the boundaries will be much lower than that because we don't really know what to expect and first year, they are usually low.
I got 81/100 on the coursework, what did u guys get?
Original post by LegitDragoNinja
I got 81/100 on the coursework, what did u guys get?

I got 88/100. Hoping it doesn't get moderated down.
Well we haven't been taught a SINGLE LESSON on theory since we started the course, so I am pretty much ****ED
When will it get moderated? Is it different for different schools because I'm pretty sure mine has already been moderated.
Original post by Incarcarus
I got 88/100. Hoping it doesn't get moderated down.
Original post by LegitDragoNinja
When will it get moderated? Is it different for different schools because I'm pretty sure mine has already been moderated.

I think the school marks it internally, giving you a mark. Then a select few are sent off for moderation to see if they have been marked correctly. If those few have then everyones mark stays the same. But if your school marked too leniently then all marks may get dropped.
I think the school marks it internally, giving you a mark. Then a select few are sent off for moderation to see if they have been marked correctly. If those few have then everyones mark stays the same. But if your school marked too leniently then all marks may get dropped.

Ah so it's like the computer science NEA.
I have not been given a grade for my course work 🙁
84/100
For ocr design and technology exam do we need to know all the theory like all about the papers timbers metal etc... section. Or do we just have to focus on one? should we know a small bit about the other sections? This probs too late to ask a question:s-smilie:
well i guess you'll find out on results day:eek:
good luck!:smile:
Original post by collettepn
I have not been given a grade for my course work 🙁
Original post by Gajy123
84/100
For ocr design and technology exam do we need to know all the theory like all about the papers timbers metal etc... section. Or do we just have to focus on one? should we know a small bit about the other sections? This probs too late to ask a question:s-smilie:

You need to know the core principles of each and one section in depth for a 12 marker + other questions.
THANK YOU! I was so worried that I hadn't learnt like half the book. Phew!
You need to know the core principles of each and one section in depth for a 12 marker + other questions.
How did everyone find it?

It was quite a weird paper, lots of 8 markers and we didn't know what to expect.
Grade boundaries should hopefully be low.
(edited 4 years ago)
How the **** were we supposed to draw that carton?
Original post by HannahA2002
How the **** were we supposed to draw that carton?

You needed to draw to scale, so 11 boxes upwards
Then draw the top bit 2 boxes up, the top bit was kinda complicated, you had to go sideways a bit but its hard to explain
the produce q was a bit ********.
How did people find overall will gb be high or low?
Original post by Starjalsha
How did people find overall will gb be high or low?

My prediction:

155 - 9
135 - 8
125 - 7
110 - 6
95 - 5
85 - 4

Latest