Jumped out of window in exam Watch

MariannaL
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by chickenegg)
on a scale of thirsty for attention to entitled privileged asf how many unicorn blood pints did you drink before this didnt happen
Like I say to everyone else who doesn’t believe me, move along. Don’t blame you but why comment if it does not contribute anything useful to the discussion ?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Avogadrocado
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You're honestly my favourite
(Original post by MariannaL)
I tore my paper up, and jumped out of the window during my A Level English Literature exam and didn’t write a single thing. It is 30% of my grade. I am allowed to sit my other exams and my college and mum are trying to contact the exam board and ask for special consideration due to poor mental health. If my doctor does / does not write a letter what are possible outcomes ?
username4606994
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Think I done a similar thing but on Youtube
(Original post by Coolkitkat23)
you know when i was 11 used to agree with myself as anonymous, that is freaky.
Amnz_02
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ur stupid why would u do that? :confused:
MariannaL
Rep:
?
(Original post by Amnz_02)
ur stupid why would u do that? :confused:
I know I am and I’m regretting it so much now. I can’t do anything about it now.
Amnz_02
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
my advise to u is don't worry about it x
I know I am and I’m regretting it so much now. I can’t do anything about it now.
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MEvans0701)
Sorry, but it happened to someone in my GCSE Maths. They got up and left cursing and they got disqualified and have only just resit their Maths GCSE. We sat our GCSE paper in 2017. Thank you for your criticism though, I’m sorry I’m not part of the exam board HQ, I don’t know how these things work, just trying to help some kid who jumped out a window
You're not helping if you're just making up a sanction and claiming it's the truth. We weren't given enough detail to know if the disruption would warrant a warning, let alone disqualification from that exam. It certainly would not entail them being banned from exams for a period of time.
MariannaL
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
You're not helping if you're just making up a sanction and claiming it's the truth. We weren't given enough detail to know if the disruption would warrant a warning, let alone disqualification from that exam. It certainly would not entail them being banned from exams for a period of time.
Maybe MEvans0701 is right about what happened to the kid in their maths GCSE but sanctions are usually assessed on case by case basis so not every situation will have the same repercussions.
I was told by my College that I am allowed to sit the rest of my exams.
SicKitty
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Fair enough I self harmed in my art exam
MariannaL
Rep:
?
(Original post by SicKitty)
Fair enough I self harmed in my art exam
I didn’t hurt myself because it was ground floor. Yours sounds serious. Idk if you’re trolling or not but if you aren’t please just get help.
Scotney
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If school /college is sympathetic then you will indeed just sit the other two papers and be given grade on those.
(Original post by Amnz_02)
my advise to u is don't worry about it x
I didn’t hurt myself because it was ground floor. Yours sounds serious. Idk if you’re trolling or not but if you aren’t please just get help.
laurenrobinsonn
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I tore my paper up, and jumped out of the window during my A Level English Literature exam and didn’t write a single thing. It is 30% of my grade. I am allowed to sit my other exams and my college and mum are trying to contact the exam board and ask for special consideration due to poor mental health. If my doctor does / does not write a letter what are possible outcomes ?
Course you did
blue2019
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
you making this up or r u actiually serious..like how dd yo jump out of the window here
MariannaL
Rep:
?
(Original post by blue2019)
you making this up or r u actiually serious..like how dd yo jump out of the window here
I am serious. It was ground floor and wide open
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
drriversong

I am very pleased to hear from you on TSR and get an update on how you are progressing. I have been lurking on TSR because I am a mum who was trying to get my kids into Oxford, and getting handy tips from the TSRians. I recall you trying to get in the same time as my son (and you applied for the same college). You were so encouraging to others. When you did get an offer, you told us that if you could get in to Oxford (with 2A*s, was it?), then anyone could.

I remember giving a little cheer, knowing how this statement would give hope to others who believe they need about 15A*s at GCSE (my elder son had 3A*s) Then disaster, as you fell ill during the exam period. You hadn't posted much since then, but I am very glad you are still sticking at it, and have not given up on your Oxford dream. All credit to Oxford, as well, for not giving up on you, either, and thinking outside the box. They are battling to keep you, and maybe you will tell us when you finally get there. Look, OP, you have a role model in drriversong.
(Original post by drriversong)
well, I've been in your situation three times now- the only difference being that it was to do with my physical help. Last year, I managed to do one English exam before being admitted, and despite completing it in severe pain and missing a 20 mark extract Q, I still managed to get 1 mark off an A overall, because my missing units were calculated. It's unfortunately happened to me for the 3rd time (stress and chronic illnesses are not a good combo), but I'm just hoping that I can recover during half term so that I can get the 3 As I need for Oxford! So stressful

the only advice I can impart is to keep buggering on. Just write it off. It's out of your hands now. Even I don't 100% know if I will be given special consideration, but I, like you, have a doctor's note and a long term condition which "manifested itself at the time of examination" so I have to have hope, otherwise 4 years' worth of stress will be for nothing. Just focus on your next exams- even if they don't grant you special consideration, you can still get a C and 2 great A-levels.

Also unis are unbelievably understanding. Oxford have given me three offers and a lot of support because of my illness, and I've also heard of them and other unis granting clemency in extreme circumstances. In Oxford's case, it is missing the offer by just 1 grade, but in other unis it could be by several. Let your uni know what is going on and co-ordinate w/ your exam officer to do everything you can. Once you've done that, please just move on , and sit your other exams. There's nothing you can do to change it. Trust me, I'm in exactly the same position as you. I know how cruel illnesses can be, and as an A/A* student I have found it v hard not to be able to do my best, but I have heard of people still getting A/A* through special consideration, so please don't give up, and just try your best. Not to sound too cheesy, but you've got this far; don't do a disservice to yourself by quitting now, because you WILL regret it.

E
drriversong
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ah, the infamous Oxford Mum! Such a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Your kind words are very much appreciated during this irksome time; it's somewhat of a consolation to hear that even if my health has robbed me of a chance to attend Oxford, I might have encouraged someone else to apply in the process It's not looking too good on the health front- Crohn's is a cruel mistress who only ever emerges during the exam period- but even if I cannot complete my A-levels and attend uni the conventional way, I will still be doing my history degree on the Open University. There are many stories in the papers of OU grads completing post grads at Oxford, so I can assure you that they have not heard the last of me yet. I shall hopefully be back in 3 years, healthy and with a vengeance

To anyone else who has been knocked down repeatedly, do not let it define you. It's so tempting to capitulate to self-pity and wallow in what could have been, but from personal experience, I have found it to be a rather redundant exercise. The world keeps turning and you've got to go with it otherwise you risk being left behind. If you love something and you are passionate about it, don't let anything prevent you from doing it. Whether that be a bad exam or a bad week, distance yourself from it and keep buggering on.

I will always be on here encouraging the underdogs because I, myself, was never afforded that opportunity. I was told not to apply. In spite of everything, I am glad I did.

(Original post by Oxford Mum)
drriversong

I am very pleased to hear from you on TSR and get an update on how you are progressing. I have been lurking on TSR because I am a mum who was trying to get my kids into Oxford, and getting handy tips from the TSRians. I recall you trying to get in the same time as my son (and you applied for the same college). You were so encouraging to others. When you did get an offer, you told us that if you could get in to Oxford (with 2A*s, was it?), then anyone could.

I remember giving a little cheer, knowing how this statement would give hope to others who believe they need about 15A*s at GCSE (my elder son had 3A*s) Then disaster, as you fell ill during the exam period. You hadn't posted much since then, but I am very glad you are still sticking at it, and have not given up on your Oxford dream. All credit to Oxford, as well, for not giving up on you, either, and thinking outside the box. They are battling to keep you, and maybe you will tell us when you finally get there. Look, OP, you have a role model in drriversong.
JasmineLLB
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You jumped out of the window?

Could have just left from the door, hahah.
username4599420
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Woah!
I just read that, and you are an absolute inspiration.
Carry on fighting, because you are worth so much more. Your dedication, passion and hard work to suceed will get you to any place in the world, so be yourself and help others because you are absolutely amazing.

I am only at GCSE level, but I am stunned at what a credit you are to yourself.
(Original post by drriversong)
ah, the infamous Oxford Mum! Such a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Your kind words are very much appreciated during this irksome time; it's somewhat of a consolation to hear that even if my health has robbed me of a chance to attend Oxford, I might have encouraged someone else to apply in the process It's not looking too good on the health front- Crohn's is a cruel mistress who only ever emerges during the exam period- but even if I cannot complete my A-levels and attend uni the conventional way, I will still be doing my history degree on the Open University. There are many stories in the papers of OU grads completing post grads at Oxford, so I can assure you that they have not heard the last of me yet. I shall hopefully be back in 3 years, healthy and with a vengeance

To anyone else who has been knocked down repeatedly, do not let it define you. It's so tempting to capitulate to self-pity and wallow in what could have been, but from personal experience, I have found it to be a rather redundant exercise. The world keeps turning and you've got to go with it otherwise you risk being left behind. If you love something and you are passionate about it, don't let anything prevent you from doing it. Whether that be a bad exam or a bad week, distance yourself from it and keep buggering on.

I will always be on here encouraging the underdogs because I, myself, was never afforded that opportunity. I was told not to apply. In spite of everything, I am glad I did.

(Original post by Oxford Mum)
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
drriversong

It’s such an honour to be speaking to an icon such as you. If you manage to get into Oxford, I will believe in karma big time.

And for everyone on this thread, just look how drriversong refuses to feel sorry for herself and has a sensible alternative lined up. Then carried on with more encouraging words for others. Hope you will create an AMA thread when everything gets sorted out, so we can become acquainted with your continuing story, as well as being inspired by you.
Haider.alix
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank god you were on the ground floor. lol if you were and this isnt the end relax you may get consideration. I hope so Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (145)
17.64%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
9%
No I am happy with my course choice (485)
59%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (118)
14.36%

Watched Threads