Who do I VOTE FOR? Watch

LegitDragoNinja
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by carol.leader)
Right lads, we've got about 1 hour until I go to vote, but I'm still undecided! I've decided I want to vote for a pro-Brexit party (as much as I don't want to leave the EU, I think the idea of a second referendum will create A LOT of civil unrest and possible riots etc.), but I also don't want to vote for parties like UKIP and the Conservatives, (ie right parties). Help, I'm a first time voter!
ME
Kian Stevens
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by kitkatkate281)
They have 14 MEPS... all of which came from UKIP. So basically just a newer version of UKIP without a manifesto? In terms of the NHS, Farage has said a couple of times now that he thinks private firms are the way to go. Seems like that “£350 million a week” probably won’t go to the NHS after all
He's now changed his stance on the NHS and has said that insurers may relieve the burden on it. I don't know whether I agree with him on that or not however

You seem to forget that when the Brexit Party do produce a manifesto, the last thing they will do is try to implement policies which will lose the support they've accumulated... The NHS is something which I, nor you, nor anyone else would want to lose, so I can't imagine for the life of me that they'll try to privatise it; if they do, their support will go. But he's correct in saying that the NHS is on its knees

As for the £350 million, it wasn't a set in stone promise that £350 million would be invested into the NHS by default, it was a suggestion on what we could do with that money considering that the NHS needs extra funding. 'Let's fund the NHS instead' is a suggestion, the bus never said 'This money will go to the NHS'
Last edited by Kian Stevens; 2 months ago
Prussianxo
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Kian Stevens)
When we voted leave we were voting on the intention of just leaving full stop... Now we're here where we're still negotiating deals and extending deadlines because deals put forward are being voted against
Farage wants us to leave the EU with no deal on WTO terms, i.e. what should've initially happened, not like Mrs May who to this day is still proving her incompetence
as I've said before our reps will have little influence on the deal put forward by the EU.

I'm not prepared to go into another debate on why leaving with a no deal is a horrific idea
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Kian Stevens
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Prussianxo)
as I've said before our reps will have little influence on the deal put forward by the EU.

I'm not prepared to go into another debate on why leaving with a no deal is a horrific idea
And there are people who, for decades, have believed that being in the EU is also a 'horrific idea'
It just so happens that the people of this country are showing one thing only: they want to leave the EU based on Farage's proposals
Burton Bridge
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Vote Brexit party, its the only option for leavers
Glimmerz
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Liberals. Corbyn.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.52%
Excited (156)
9.13%
Worried (306)
17.91%
Terrified (380)
22.24%
Meh (168)
9.83%
Confused (37)
2.17%