go for unconditional or not ? Watch

TEABAG03
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
basically I firmed Plymouth for biomed and they made it into an unconditional. however yesterday I got an email from a uni that put me on waitlinglist for med saying that they got a place for me. should I change it or should I just keep Plymouth as my firm and wait until results day and then call the med uni again and ask whether there's a place ?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
dx31
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Idk.... depends what the offer from that other uni is and whether you could achieve it??
TEABAG03
Rep:
?
it's for foundation med. I'm scared that I might not. but if I don't take it now do you think I still would be able to call them up and ask whether they have got a place ?
clickypen
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Depends which course you'd rather do, but I think you'd be safe to assume that the place for medicine will be gone by results day.
TEABAG03
Rep:
?
(Original post by dx31)
Idk.... depends what the offer from that other uni is and whether you could achieve it??
for foundation med. I'm scared that I might not. but if I don't take it now do you think I still would be able to call them up and ask whether they have got a place ?
dx31
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I get you, I think you could firm the foudnation medicine because biomed spaces are more likely to be available at clearing whereas for medicine they wouldnt, idk just my thought
(Original post by TEABAG03)
for foundation med. I'm scared that I might not. but if I don't take it now do you think I still would Tbbe able to call them up and ask whether they have got a place ?
Admit-One
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I would imagine the medicine offer has a deadline for you to accept? After that there’s no guarantee that they could accept you. They’re not going to struggle to fill places so they’re not likely to wait for you.

Have a good think about which course you’d prefer.
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
A waiting-list is exactly that. It is NOT an offer.

It means that the Uni MAY phone you on Results Day and offer you a place if a) they have spaces and b) you get the required grades. Therefore you need to keep the Biomed offer in case this doesnt happen. Firm Plymouth and keep your fingers crossed for Med. If it does come your way then that Uni will then tell you what to do about the place at Plymouth. Do not do anything until they tell you to!
TEABAG03
Rep:
?
(Original post by returnmigrant)
A waiting-list is exactly that. It is NOT an offer.

It means that the Uni MAY phone you on Results Day and offer you a place if a) they have spaces and b) you get the required grades. Therefore you need to keep the Biomed offer in case this doesnt happen. Firm Plymouth and keep your fingers crossed for Med. If it does come your way then that Uni will then tell you what to do about the place at Plymouth. Do not do anything until they tell you to!
I already got an email from the waiting list uni that they are willing to offer me a place for med😅
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Liverpool
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (263)
31.92%
The paper was reasonable (405)
49.15%
Not feeling great about that exam... (92)
11.17%
It was TERRIBLE (64)
7.77%

Watched Threads