K-pop02
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am taking Music as a GCSE and I wanted to know, is Music GCSE hard? And what tasks are you given to do?
Last edited by K-pop02; 1 year ago
rubyeleazu
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
it depends on what exam board you do, I do edexel it's relatively easy. 30% is your performing ( solo and as a group) 30% is your composing ( a free composition and a set composition). this you do in your class with your teacher and is essentially coursework. the other 40% is from your exam which has 4 components ( instrumental music, vocal music, stage and screen and fusions). you should be at about grade 4 in your instrument to be confident in your coursework though.
welcometotherock
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You need to have a good level of music theory and be able to identify chords, cadences, texture, intervals, tonality etc.
LN05
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rubyeleazu)
it depends on what exam board you do, I do edexel it's relatively easy. 30% is your performing ( solo and as a group) 30% is your composing ( a free composition and a set composition). this you do in your class with your teacher and is essentially coursework. the other 40% is from your exam which has 4 components ( instrumental music, vocal music, stage and screen and fusions). you should be at about grade 4 in your instrument to be confident in your coursework though.
For solo performance, is getting 26/30 around grade 9?
welcometotherock
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No. Based on last years boundaries it would be about a 6.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (7)
53.85%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (2)
15.38%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (1)
7.69%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (0)
0%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (2)
15.38%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (0)
0%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
7.69%

Watched Threads