* 23 May 2019
* How did you guys find it?
* What texts did you do?
Harrison.B 15
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Othello question was terrible, unseen poetry was good, I had to link Gatsby and poetry, it went alright but it could go either way
sarachel19
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
The Measure for Measure question was horrendous, the unseen poetry about motherly love great! And Gatsby and pre-1900 poetry I did the time option. Same, could go either way
Jdoyle286
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
The Winter's Tale extract question was bad and difficult to link strong points to the extract. The poetry was simple but had no complex points to discuss or prove your ability with which was limiting and the Gatsby time question was pretty decent. Could've gone a lot better if they had done a better job with the questions in my opinion
sarachel19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Jdoyle286)
The Winter's Tale extract question was bad and difficult to link strong points to the extract. The poetry was simple but had no complex points to discuss or prove your ability with which was limiting and the Gatsby time question was pretty decent. Could've gone a lot better if they had done a better job with the questions in my opinion
Yeah, the questions were crap, really hoping the grade boundaries are lowered
LikeableLlama:)
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi, did anyone do King Lear, Death of a salesman and Keats’ poetry???
Last edited by LikeableLlama:); 8 months ago
leviosaaar
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
lmao I tried to turn that othello essay into an essay about desdemona bc I couldn’t remember jack about bloody roderigo
did the time one with gatsby too but I feel like everyone will have made the same points as me :/
Charis Ellõ
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I thought Othello was not too bad but now that I'm looking back at it, I could have accessed more marks if it was theme or about Othello, Desdemona/Emilia or Iago, I didn't even include any quotes from other Acts! What were your main points for it? I didn't even get onto my other 2 texts...
(Original post by Harrison.B 15)
Othello question was terrible, unseen poetry was good, I had to link Gatsby and poetry, it went alright but it could go either way
Charis Ellõ
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I never even attempted my other texts caused a semi-panicked! Yeah same! Talked about Desdemona and her marriage to Othello, wasn't really answering the question, most of the time I was zoning out when I was writing. I argued that it may be other factors such as misunderstanding though other than jealousy, pride and possessiveness.

(Original post by leviosaaar)
lmao I tried to turn that othello essay into an essay about desdemona bc I couldn’t remember jack about bloody roderigo
did the time one with gatsby too but I feel like everyone will have made the same points as me :/
Missdimples
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by LikeableLlama:))
Hi, did anyone do King Lear, Death of a salesman and Keats’ poetry???
Hi, I did Othello but I did do Keats and Miller, how did you find it?
chloecam29
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi , sorry to ask aha but does anyone know what the Lear question was? I'm on CCEA and have my Lear exam friday and I'm just trying to plan for as many questions as possible ahaha
Littyboi
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hello everyone!

I know it has been a while but can anybody recall what the Othello and Gatsby/1900 Poetry was about?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (422)
67.41%
No (204)
32.59%

Watched Threads