The Student Room Group

GCSE English lit paper 2 Blood brothers [Exam discussion]

What question did u guys choose out of the two questions that was available? and what do u guys general feel about the paper
Reply 1
I chose the question that considered the importance of money through the play, didn't want to do the second option as I didn't want to create any counter arguments as the question asked how far I agreed on a statement or something on those lines, for the first option, basically detailed how access to wealth allows the Lyons to lead a good life, also detailed how Eddie is able to provide social mobility to Mickey and Linda in Act 2, interpreted from the fact that Edward who worked as an Estate agent provided Mickey and Linda a house to Linda, and without the access to wealth (using Eddie as a gateway to wealth), Mickey and Linda would most likely remain in a desperate situation with more dependence on the state welfare provisions. I just did something on these lines for some aspects of both act 1 and act 2 and completed 6 paragraphs (avg 12 words per line, avg 12-15 lines per paragraph, maybe 6-8 lines for intro and conclusion)

To be fair I found it quite easy, was able to complete the paper with enough detail before the 2h15 time span ended, so I'm happy with what I've done, confident that I done well (hopefully), how did you find it and what of the options for the first question (blood brothers) did you pick?
Reply 2
I picked the first option about money and said how Mickey and Eddie are in a different social class because of the difference in money and this affects the way they speak and act due to one having lots of education and the other having lack of education because of lack of money. Then i said because of this money was a main factor in controlling the behaviour and actions of Mickey and Edward and lead to the inevitable fate at the end and Dickens uses this to portray money with negative connations throughout the play etc.
Original post by rayraydj
I chose the question that considered the importance of money through the play, didn't want to do the second option as I didn't want to create any counter arguments as the question asked how far I agreed on a statement or something on those lines, for the first option, basically detailed how access to wealth allows the Lyons to lead a good life, also detailed how Eddie is able to provide social mobility to Mickey and Linda in Act 2, interpreted from the fact that Edward who worked as an Estate agent provided Mickey and Linda a house to Linda, and without the access to wealth (using Eddie as a gateway to wealth), Mickey and Linda would most likely remain in a desperate situation with more dependence on the state welfare provisions. I just did something on these lines for some aspects of both act 1 and act 2 and completed 6 paragraphs (avg 12 words per line, avg 12-15 lines per paragraph, maybe 6-8 lines for intro and conclusion)

To be fair I found it quite easy, was able to complete the paper with enough detail before the 2h15 time span ended, so I'm happy with what I've done, confident that I done well (hopefully), how did you find it and what of the options for the first question (blood brothers) did you pick?
Reply 3
I need help on how to answer this blood brothers question :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending