The Student Room Group

Grade predictions on UCAS form

Ok so I was wondering if on your ucas form to unis can you put your predicted A2 grades instead of your AS results?😣 definitely havent don e as well as I should have and was hoping predicted grades would secure me an offer...is this possible to do?
Original post by User4892
Ok so I was wondering if on your ucas form to unis can you put your predicted A2 grades instead of your AS results?😣 definitely havent don e as well as I should have and was hoping predicted grades would secure me an offer...is this possible to do?

no you have to put your as results down.
1. You don't add you predicted grades - your school does.

2. You must declare all your qualifications even if you dont much like the grades you got.
So your school decide your predicted grades, and they should use data from any class assessments, mock exams and AS results. My school had a nice appeals process as many of us performed poorly in our summer mocks for year 12 (We had like a single hour long paper for each subject, not really enough time to flex any knowledge of the course) so we had got told the calculated value and then had to arrange meetings or if you were lucky just ask nicely with a teacher for them to sign a form saying they were happy that you should be predicted an A rather than a D (thank you comp sci teacher)

If you have dropped a subject and the AS result is the only grade you have for it then you must declare it, I have an E in AS Control and Systems that I'm not too fond of but I had to include it.

When you apply through UCAS your school will attach your ULN, Unique Learner Number, which will have followed you from Primary School, this means the universities can look up every official exam you've sat and any notes that have been made on your file. That normally means if you've been transferred out of a school for behaviour issues or you've been caught cheating in an exam, not if you tried to unscrew a cubicle door so it would hit your friend in the face when they opened it and your teacher said "every time you get in trouble it goes on your permanent record"

Hope this helps!
Original post by User4892
Reply 4
Yes it does thanks! Just really annoying but hopefully I can persuade teachers to bump up my predicted grades as I really need them haha! Also do you think unis take predicted grades into much consideration eg do they look at them equally with your AS results? Thanks :smile:
Original post by H3LL0_W0RLD
So your school decide your predicted grades, and they should use data from any class assessments, mock exams and AS results. My school had a nice appeals process as many of us performed poorly in our summer mocks for year 12 (We had like a single hour long paper for each subject, not really enough time to flex any knowledge of the course) so we had got told the calculated value and then had to arrange meetings or if you were lucky just ask nicely with a teacher for them to sign a form saying they were happy that you should be predicted an A rather than a D (thank you comp sci teacher)

If you have dropped a subject and the AS result is the only grade you have for it then you must declare it, I have an E in AS Control and Systems that I'm not too fond of but I had to include it.

When you apply through UCAS your school will attach your ULN, Unique Learner Number, which will have followed you from Primary School, this means the universities can look up every official exam you've sat and any notes that have been made on your file. That normally means if you've been transferred out of a school for behaviour issues or you've been caught cheating in an exam, not if you tried to unscrew a cubicle door so it would hit your friend in the face when they opened it and your teacher said "every time you get in trouble it goes on your permanent record"

Hope this helps!
Original post by H3LL0_W0RLD

When you apply through UCAS your school will attach your ULN, Unique Learner Number, which will have followed you from Primary School, this means the universities can look up every official exam you've sat and any notes that have been made on your file.

This isnt actually true. The Exam Boards supply data UCAS who then pass it on to the Universities. The Universities have no ability to 'look up' exam results when you apply. Yes, they will eventually compare the GCSE and AS grades you listed against that data and spot if you have lied or carefully not admitted some results.

It is utter twaddle to suggest that every detention or infringement at school will be passed on to any Universities.
You school has been telling you that to try and keep you in line. Its a load of nonsense.
Original post by returnmigrant
This isnt actually true. The Exam Boards supply data UCAS who then pass it on to the Universities. The Universities have no ability to 'look up' exam results when you apply. Yes, they will eventually compare the GCSE and AS grades you listed against that data and spot if you have lied or carefully not admitted some results.

It is utter twaddle to suggest that every detention or infringement at school will be passed on to any Universities.
You school has been telling you that to try and keep you in line. Its a load of nonsense.

I'm not 100% on it but I do believe once you enrol at the Univeristy they are able to look up your "permanent record" through your ULN as you've suggested, but I didn't say that the ULN was how UCAS got the examination results.

I also do know of some universities that have requested copies of exam certificates, but a lot of the time that is for people who have taken a gap year, although I do have friends who had to provide them to the university upon request quite late into the term.

I also never said that it wasn't a load on nonsense, in fact I did say the "permanent record" is not every silly infringement, in fact I made a joke using an anecdote from when I was in secondary and the teachers did try play that excuse!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending