tm_24
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Ive had most of my GCSEs done so far. I know for sure that I have failed Science and English . I need these grades for a Sixth Form place. All the sixth forms around me require 6s and above. I dont know what to do about it
radicolous
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
don't stress about your grades, plus I'm pretty sure some six forms allow you to retake while your there
tm_24
Rep:
?
I know I failed English Literature and Combined Science Higher and these sixth forms dont have the option to retake them unless if I do them privately.
(Original post by emacsrose)
don't stress about your grades, plus I'm pretty sure some six forms allow you to retake while your there
BAnonymous03
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by tm_24)
I know I failed English Literature and Combined Science Higher and these sixth forms dont have the option to retake them unless if I do them privately.
It depends on the courses you're taking and what sixth forn it is but you should be fine. Just focus on passing the rest
OctoberRain7
Badges: 15
Report 2 years ago
Worst case scenario, you go to tech to repeat them. I know GCSEs might seem like the end of the world but if you fail them (IF), you can still fix things
Random62
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I’m in the same position as you, I am not a great achiever and I am a 4/5 making me worry about my exam results as I am on the edge of passing and failing.But the worst thing you can do is procrastinate as it doesn’t help the situation I am currently overthinking today’s lit exam and what I failed to mention and put but you have already done the exam and there is no way of going back.But you could suprise yourself on results day
(Original post by tm_24)
Ive had most of my GCSEs done so far. I know for sure that I have failed Science and English . I need these grades for a Sixth Form place. All the sixth forms around me require 6s and above. I dont know what to do about it
tm_24
Rep:
?
That's so true. Honestly I hope everything works out well for us.
(Original post by Random62)
I’m in the same position as you, I am not a great achiever and I am a 4/5 making me worry about my exam results as I am on the edge of passing and failing.But the worst thing you can do is procrastinate as it doesn’t help the situation I am currently overthinking today’s lit exam and what I failed to mention and put but you have already done the exam and there is no way of going back.But you could suprise yourself on results day
Soul Wavel3ngth
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Did you not revise?
(Original post by tm_24)
tm_24
Rep:
?
Not really. I know. It's my fault.
(Original post by Soul Wavel3ngth)
Did you not revise?
simoncowell
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I revised last day, and I think i'm going to be alright lol. English Literature and Science don't matter, you need english language and maths to get into sixth form i'm pretty sure for most of the schools. Good luck
Mrs.Grey
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
From someone who spent her entire summer crying thinking about the possibility of failing maths (I didn't), don't think about it. Focus on what you have left and just forget about everything. SAVE YOUR WORK FROM ENGLISH AND MATHS, JUST IN CASE.
(Original post by tm_24)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (28)
5.67%
Uncertainty around my education (57)
11.54%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (58)
11.74%
Lack of purpose or motivation (66)
13.36%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (27)
5.47%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (21)
4.25%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (53)
10.73%
Financial worries (29)
5.87%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (20)
4.05%
Exposure to negative news/social media (32)
6.48%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (14)
2.83%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (48)
9.72%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (41)
8.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed