Met Police Trainee Detective Constable Scheme not recruiting anymore Watch

rbgpwer
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey all,

I have heard the London Met filled up vacancies for the direct entry detective traineeship. If true, does anyone know whether that just means we cannot apply for the position anymore or that people who already started the recruitment process will be disqualified? I applied last June 2018 a year ago, due to the need for reasonable adjustements (disability related) for Day 1 had to wait for April this year to attend an assessment center. I passed that and also sat the SHL Verbal Reasoning test. I worry that a year of application/waiting/sending of documents here and there and a pause in my life to do all that could end up in simply not getting into the position even if I fulfill the requirements?

As a disabled candidate it was a tremendeous amount of effort to go through all the stages up to date - Is it possible that they simply wouldn't recruit candidates despite passing the various assessments stages?

I am very worried, if anyone can enlighten me that would be extremely useful, many thanks!
Eposdog
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Some candidates due to do day 3 last weekend and this week were being notified a day or two before that the program is full now and they might not want to attend as there is no courses left this year but may reopen last year. They were being offered pc roles instead. However some candidates were not notified. It appears those that then passed may still be getting places. This seems to depend on how far along the vetting was, although it’s a bit unclear.

You are in a bit of a unique position so you will need to confirm with recruitment, but I suspect if you didn’t do day 1 until last month, it’s unlikely you would be progressing to the tdc course, but may get offered pc. But best to call.
rbgpwer
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Thank you Eposdog for your reply, I e-mail them I hope they reply

(Original post by Eposdog)
Some candidates due to do day 3 last weekend and this week were being notified a day or two before that the program is full now and they might not want to attend as there is no courses left this year but may reopen last year. They were being offered pc roles instead. However some candidates were not notified. It appears those that then passed may still be getting places. This seems to depend on how far along the vetting was, although it’s a bit unclear.

You are in a bit of a unique position so you will need to confirm with recruitment, but I suspect if you didn’t do day 1 until last month, it’s unlikely you would be progressing to the tdc course, but may get offered pc. But best to call.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (51)
22.27%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (78)
34.06%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (48)
20.96%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (20)
8.73%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (32)
13.97%

Watched Threads