Is this generation less or more sensitive than people from previous generations? Watch

Den987
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am not sure, but I definitely know that there are many sensitive issues in both past/present. The way in which people express themselves has changed.

What do you think?
:curious:
Sharmarko
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
**** you.

Edit: okay I guess nobody wants to take the bait, maybe this generation isn't so sensitive.
Last edited by Sharmarko; 4 weeks ago
ggxsywes
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
yesss way softer lol but i like it like dat
justsomeguy17
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
From what I've seen, I would think we're more sensitive, but maybe we were always as sensitive as today and social media has just provided a means for people to openly display it.
Lister_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Is this a joke? 😂 You can't say anything nowadays without being "offensive".
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Chlozza27
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think it's probably about the same although people weren't as open about it in the past as they are now.
Obolinda
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Define "this generation"
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
This generation is a LOT more sensitive than the previous generations.

People wondering about whether they are bisexual or pansexual or maybe demisexual, and whether they they should be referred to as he, she or they

versus

people doing manual labour jobs without limbs just so their family wouldn't starve to death.

Not a hard question to answer.
Last edited by black tea; 4 weeks ago
ltsmith
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
yes they are but you can't blame them. blame the baby boomers for raising a sensitive/weak generation of people (as op so claims)
PureHeroine
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Obolinda)
Define "this generation"
first world problems lmao
ggxsywes
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i dont get how ppl being sensitive is bad tho like..its good. it's not a bad thing.
ppl use less racist words, less sexist words bc we've learnt to be sensitive to each other
empathy is good im glad ppl are sensitive otherwise ppl would be douches without anyone caling them out
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Lol, I don't get it
(Original post by PureHeroine)
first world problems lmao
Sharmarko
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ggxsywes)
i dont get how ppl being sensitive is bad tho like..its good. it's not a bad thing.
ppl use less racist words, less sexist words bc we've learnt to be sensitive to each other
empathy is good im glad ppl are sensitive otherwise ppl would be douches without anyone caling them out
Sometimes you need douches
ggxsywes
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
no u dont
i could totally do with all douches being wiped off the face of the earth
jk, just as long as they stay away from me
i just hate conflict (by this i mean unneeded conflict. when someone yells at u when they couldve calmy asked for whatever they want)
im sensitive so i cant deal with it. i could fake confidence but i cant do it i dislike beef so much

(Original post by Sharmarko)
Sometimes you need douches
Last edited by ggxsywes; 4 weeks ago
PureHeroine
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Obolinda)
Lol, I don't get it
i meant having time to get fussed about the fact that people today are too sensitive because people keep talking about it all the time
yh looking back i didnt really make that much sense
Lister_
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
no u dont
i just hate conflict (by this i mean unneeded conflict. when someone yells at u when they couldve calmy asked for whatever they want)
im sensitive so i cant deal with it. i could fake confidence but i cant do it i dislike beef so much
“If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”

― George Orwell
Sharmarko
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
no u dont
If we always try to avoid all conflict, it's hard to get things done. Some conflict is necessary.

Plus conflict is entertaining.
ggxsywes
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
that's when it's needed though. like telling people what they need to hear i.e the truth
not go around hurting ppl and leaving them sad uno
(Original post by Lister_)
“If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”

― George Orwell
Lister_
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
that's when it's needed though. like telling people what they need to hear i.e the truth
not go around hurting ppl and leaving them sad uno
I agree with that to some extent, but labelling anything offensive as hate speech is wrong. If you don't believe in free speech for people you hate or disagree with, then you don't believe in free speech.
Royal Oak
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
On one hand we're more sensitive in terms of how we handle emotions. On the other hand, I think people are more easily desensitised to the horrors of the world because something is always wrong and we can't bury our heads in the sand.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who do you think will be the next PM?

Boris Johnson (234)
72.22%
Jeremy Hunt (90)
27.78%

Watched Threads