user2760
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Can someone help me decide which would be the better A level to choose out of Criminology and Psychology?? I'm completely stuck on which one to pick as I find that criminology will be more interesting and an easier subject to do, however I've always wanted to do psychology because I wanna study mental health but it seems so much harder. Some body help meeeee
queen_bee16
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
You won't be studying all about mental health for psychology. it is a very 'sciencey' topic. Has a lot of science and theory to remember. Criminology is more about critical analysis and too some extent, interpretation of things with a lot of theory. With criminology, you have to go in with an open mind. Criminology isn't black or white, there is no yes or no answer.

hope this helped
Fsofoxy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Do psychology it’s a really good well respected subject for uni especially if you want to go into mental health nursing it’s the most popular a level at my college
user2760
Rep:
?
Thank you, this was really helpful.
(Original post by queen_bee16)
You won't be studying all about mental health for psychology. it is a very 'sciencey' topic. Has a lot of science and theory to remember. Criminology is more about critical analysis and too some extent, interpretation of things with a lot of theory. With criminology, you have to go in with an open mind. Criminology isn't black or white, there is no yes or no answer.

hope this helped
user2760
Rep:
?
Thanks.
(Original post by Fsofoxy)
Do psychology it’s a really good well respected subject for uni especially if you want to go into mental health nursing it’s the most popular a level at my college
alexandra463
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I've decided to study a combined course at uni - criminology and psychology together. some modules are compulsory but others you can pick and choose, so you should definitely look into this as well, not just one or the other. Both are separate but can be combined.
I've chosen Southampton and looked over their psychology modules - they have interesting topics such as intelligence, attachments. I believe they are bound to touch upon the issue of mental health regardless .. this was the same for a-levels.

(Original post by user2760)
Can someone help me decide which would be the better A level to choose out of Criminology and Psychology?? I'm completely stuck on which one to pick as I find that criminology will be more interesting and an easier subject to do, however I've always wanted to do psychology because I wanna study mental health but it seems so much harder. Some body help meeeee
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24%
No (323)
76%

Watched Threads