The Student Room Group

My friends judge me because of who I like

Scroll to see replies

Are you a sheep or a lion? If you are a lion you do what you want and **** the haters, if you are a sheep, go ahead and miss out on a potentially rewarding relationship with someone you like and who likes you. The choice is yours and only yours.
Original post by Amieeex
There's this boy which I like who my friends+ most people in my year consider to be "weird". I know I shouldn't care what other people think but im scared that if I go out with him , people will make fun of me. They already make fun of me just for being friends with him let alone going out. What should I do?

Like who you want, be who you want. If you want to go forth with a relationship with him then don't let the people in your year, who you most probably won't know in the future, stop you.

My friend had a crush on the school caretaker and I was 100% on board with the ship sailing but then things got a bit sticky when he told us his partner has kids :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by Amieeex
yes that's exactly how I feel, for me I tend to find guys more attractive as I get closer to them and if they have a good personality, all my friends say how he's ugly and they don't know that I like him they only know that we're friends and tbh I don't want them to find out I like him

At the end of the day it’s your decision if you want to tell them or not and you don’t bc you think they’re going to judge which is totally understandable
Initially, they aren’t your friends, if they are judging/making fun of you. Secondly who’s to care about what other think. If they’re going to make fun or talk about you. It’s gonna be a few mins thing and then it’s done. Ps if you’re gonna stop doing anything you like just because you’re scared of what people might say/think, then you will never enjoy your life. After all it’s your decision.

Quick Reply

Latest