Stressisme
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Anyone doing Spanish A Level AQA. If so how are you revising for paper 1&2? Want to ensure I get an A in both!!
Last edited by Stressisme; 4 months ago
Dunya
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I do AQA but the papers are on the same dates.

Paper 1 I'm trying to do as many past papers as I can, particularly focusing on the listening. Not much we can do to revise it tbh, just going over grammar and vocabulary.

As for paper 2, I'm making essay plans on past questions. Running through the themes and I plan to rewatch the play and movie before the exam so it's fresh in my head. Which texts do you study?
Stressisme
Rep:
?
I lose my most marks in the translations and make silly mistakes with the listening for Paper 1!!
I do Como Agua Para Chocolate and El Laberinto Del Fauno, you?
(Original post by Dunya)
I do AQA but the papers are on the same dates.

Paper 1 I'm trying to do as many past papers as I can, particularly focusing on the listening. Not much we can do to revise it tbh, just going over grammar and vocabulary.

As for paper 2, I'm making essay plans on past questions. Running through the themes and I plan to rewatch the play and movie before the exam so it's fresh in my head. Which texts do you study?
Stressisme
Rep:
?
Sorry, I just realised I do AQA too, not sure why I wrote Edexcel goes to show how tired I am.
(Original post by Stressisme)
I lose my most marks in the translations and make silly mistakes with the listening for Paper 1!!
Dunya
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
LOL I was thinking no way can the exams be on the same dates. Which other subjects do you do?

Yeah it's so easy to make basic mistakes with the translations, it's hard revising it yourself too because different versions to the answers could also be correct. Our 'hola como estas' asses wouldn't know the difference -_-

I do La Casa de Bernarda Alba and Volver. How are you revising for them?
CharlottePryor1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
For paper 1, I find reading Spanish news everyday is really helpful in improving my reading and translation skills and you could listen to Spanish podcasts or youtubers to help with the listening aspect of the exam. Good luck, you'll be great and always double check your work in the exam to ensure you haven't made any grammar or spelling mistakes! Hope you get your A!
Anyone doing Spanish A Level AQA. If so how are you revising for paper 1&2? Want to ensure I get an A in both!!
Stressisme
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dunya)
LOL I was thinking no way can the exams be on the same dates. Which other subjects do you do?

Yeah it's so easy to make basic mistakes with the translations, it's hard revising it yourself too because different versions to the answers could also be correct. Our 'hola como estas' asses wouldn't know the difference -_-

I do La Casa de Bernarda Alba and Volver. How are you revising for them?
I do English and History, you?

Honestly I'm just memorising quotations, with El Laberinto Del Fauno I am making sure I have points about the setting/camera angles , remembering context to put in too and then just recapping grammar. How about you?
Stressisme
Rep:
?
Thankyou!!! Really appreciate it, I try to watch Spanish TV shows and listening to the radio a lot to try improve listening.
(Original post by CharlottePryor1)
For paper 1, I find reading Spanish news everyday is really helpful in improving my reading and translation skills and you could listen to Spanish podcasts or youtubers to help with the listening aspect of the exam. Good luck, you'll be great and always double check your work in the exam to ensure you haven't made any grammar or spelling mistakes! Hope you get your A!
Emilyallan2001
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
What questions does anyone think will come up for spanish paper 2 doing el otro arbol de guernica and volver?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (65)
65.66%
No I haven't decided yet (21)
21.21%
Yes but I might change my mind (13)
13.13%

Watched Threads