Is this a ‘healthy’ relationship Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’ve been dating this guy for just over two years, but to be honest it’s been pretty rocky over the past year.. I’ve tried to break it off a few times but we always end up back together and when we do get back together everything is great and he says he’ll change but then after a couple of weeks he just goes back to the same person he was before?, we can’t go out for a night without arguing or him doing a ‘disappearing’ act, I’ve caught him checking on my phone without my permission on many occasions, and he’s always bringing up sex all the time and gets annoyed and constantly asks ‘why?’ If I refuse. I feel like I’ve lost who I was in the past couple of years and that I’m living this boring life with the same arguments etc every week. I used to be so bubbly and outgoing but now I feel like I’m living this life that I do not enjoy at all? Any advice on what I should do? I really feel at a lost now
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
I think you know what you should do based on what you’ve said. End it, cut him off completely and never contact him again. If you’re subconsciously looking for people to make excuses for you 2 staying together, you aren’t going to get any.
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’ve been dating this guy for just over two years, but to be honest it’s been pretty rocky over the past year.. I’ve tried to break it off a few times but we always end up back together and when we do get back together everything is great and he says he’ll change but then after a couple of weeks he just goes back to the same person he was before?, we can’t go out for a night without arguing or him doing a ‘disappearing’ act, I’ve caught him checking on my phone without my permission on many occasions, and he’s always bringing up sex all the time and gets annoyed and constantly asks ‘why?’ If I refuse. I feel like I’ve lost who I was in the past couple of years and that I’m living this boring life with the same arguments etc every week. I used to be so bubbly and outgoing but now I feel like I’m living this life that I do not enjoy at all? Any advice on what I should do? I really feel at a lost now
I assume by what you’re saying that you have told him how you feel. I think if this is the case and he continues to go back to how he used to knowing that it’s something that hurts you or makes you feel upset that you have to draw a line. You deserve to be respected and whilst it can be so difficult now if a person continues to knowingly disrespect you the best thing you can do is cut them off. There comes a time where you have to draw a line.
PetitePanda
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Get him away from your life if he’s affecting you in a bad way it’s a toxic relationship try to move on from him it’ll be hard but you’ll feel better and go back to yourself once again
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No.
Constant fighting, the same old arguments and empty promises to change, he doesn't trust you and you don't enjoy the relationship any longer.
This relationship reached its expiry date long ago.
You gain nothing to repeating the boring cycle of arguments, excuses, break, back together, arguments again.

Why do you keep reestablishing contact and getting back together?
Being happy on your own feels a lot better than being miserable together and fighting all the time.
It sound like even the friendship has gone.
There is nothing positive left.
Anonymous #4
Report 4 weeks ago
This needs to end. It's inhumane cuz no girl should be treated like that, they should feel comfortable around their man, not how you are feeling. I say you end it quickly.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
No.
Constant fighting, the same old arguments and empty promises to change, he doesn't trust you and you don't enjoy the relationship any longer.
This relationship reached its expiry date long ago.
You gain nothing to repeating the boring cycle of arguments, excuses, break, back together, arguments again.

Why do you keep reestablishing contact and getting back together?
Being happy on your own feels a lot better than being miserable together and fighting all the time.
It sound like even the friendship has gone.
There is nothing positive left.
I literally just want to leave everything, start uni, start a new life.. I feel like there’s this glaze over my eyes and that I’m some sort of robot doing the same old stuff every week, I don’t even want to have sex anymore with him As I feel so uncomfortable with someone who has made me feel like I’m nothing
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I literally just want to leave everything, start uni, start a new life.. I feel like there’s this glaze over my eyes and that I’m some sort of robot doing the same old stuff every week, I don’t even want to have sex anymore with him As I feel so uncomfortable with someone who has made me feel like I’m nothing
Then end the relationship politely, cut all contact and don't give him your new contact details.
Good luck with your studies and uni.
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You feel lost because you are disrespecting your own life by staying in a really toxic relationship. He is controlling your mind. Dump him and make sure he stays dumped this time because he is doing damage to your mentsl state.
S.Toner
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
sounds like he's either guilty himself of something causing the parinoia or he's been hurt before making him over sensitive and untrusting if he was originally ok what caused him to change by the start of the 2nd year
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (62)
21.31%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (102)
35.05%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (62)
21.31%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (28)
9.62%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (37)
12.71%

Watched Threads