Fire Alarm in GSCE Exam Watch

LiamGor
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Unfortunately, the fire alarm went off in my Physics P1 IGSCE Edexcel paper. They said they would give me special consideration but what are the chances of my grade going up and, also, by how much? It really broke my concentration and I’m hoping for atleast some leniency...
nintysixthousand
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The school will have to apply for special consideration for everyone sitting an exam at that time. If its approved(which is likely) it will only improve your grade by a small percentage https://assets.publishing.service.go...xam_series.pdf
olkapippin
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think in situations like that they add on 1% or 2% to the final grade you get (as in 1 or 2% of your grade), its probably not serious enough for a 3% and I doubt it would get 2
(Original post by LiamGor)
Unfortunately, the fire alarm went off in my Physics P1 IGSCE Edexcel paper. They said they would give me special consideration but what are the chances of my grade going up and, also, by how much? It really broke my concentration and I’m hoping for atleast some leniency...
LiamGor
Rep:
?
Thank you so much that’s put my mind somewhat to rest
(Original post by nintysixthousand)
The school will have to apply for special consideration for everyone sitting an exam at that time. If its approved(which is likely) it will only improve your grade by a small percentage https://assets.publishing.service.go...xam_series.pdf
epicnm
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I doubt you’d get more than 3% more marks, since they usually give this much following serious trauma like a family death
simoncowell
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You should of discussed the answers with your classmates, a friend of mine done that once during the lineup.
LiamGor
Rep:
?
I don’t have my exams with my classmates because I have a room different to everyone else’s exams with a private invigilator but I would have done

(Original post by simoncowell)
You should of discussed the answers with your classmates, a friend of mine done that once during the lineup.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 25 Jun '19
  • University of Brighton
    Photography MA open afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
  • University of Plymouth
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19

Do you give blood?