The Student Room Group

English literature 2

So today I’ve done my English lit paper 2. The poetry we had was on war photographer and the question was on how does war affect people. And I compared this poem to London. Will I get low marks ?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
I compared it to storm on the island and I’m so angry at myself
Reply 2
London? Thats not related to war, it may cost you marks, but dont be stressed as long as uve done paper 1 properly
Reply 3
Original post by itsCEE

Do u think we will get a Lower grade?
Original post by itsCEE

Original post by Lauravb06
So today I’ve done my English lit paper 2. The poetry we had was on war photographer and the question was on how does war affect people. And I compared this poem to London. Will I get low marks ?

For Storm on the Island, you could just talk about the Troubles and you would be fine, or you could take a metaphorical view of the word "war". For London, you could take a metaphorical view of the word "war". It's not in your hands now, so I wouldn't stress too much and just worry about Language now.

For reference, as I have said in a similar post I am basing this on the 2017 Examiner Report - which had a similar question.
"However, some students selected ‘Ozymandias’ or ‘London’ and found it much more difficult to construct a coherent response unless they were using a metaphorical interpretation of ‘effects of war’, which is certainly creditable but requires a certain level of ability in order to manage effectively. "

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending