Failing business law and Civil litigation Watch

username4737448
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have achieved 1st class in LLB and always been top student. I have passed all the LPC modules except Business law and Dispute resolution. I have failed BL and DR in the 2nd attempt, at no other than the most useless university of Law. I have asked the uni to allow re-check but this crappiest Uni doesnt' allow this. Since the beginning I had issues with the teachers and the management and I told them I am not satisfied with the quality of teaching as I am paying thousands of pounds. At this point I dont simply want to go for another attempt. What are my options,? Can I switch to another uni where I only take these two subjects? or what?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by uniofshitlaw)
I have achieved 1st class in LLB and always been top student. I have passed all the LPC modules except Business law and Dispute resolution. I have failed BL and DR in the 2nd attempt, at no other than the most useless university of Law. I have asked the uni to allow re-check but this crappiest Uni doesnt' allow this. Since the beginning I had issues with the teachers and the management and I told them I am not satisfied with the quality of teaching as I am paying thousands of pounds. At this point I dont simply want to go for another attempt. What are my options,? Can I switch to another uni where I only take these two subjects? or what?
I find this a bit astonishing. It may be it is entirely down to the UoL as the qualification giving body.

The alternative is to contact the SRA and see whether they will accept passes of heads or you can transfer to other institutions. If you arent going to BPP then ask admissions at one of the LPC unis.

You might also want to ask the poster JSP on career implications as its not ideal failing two of the most important units , twice. Assuming you are applying to commercial firms I think they would find that alarming.
username4737448
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
I find this a bit astonishing. It may be it is entirely down to the UoL as the qualification giving body.

The alternative is to contact the SRA and see whether they will accept passes of heads or you can transfer to other institutions. If you arent going to BPP then ask admissions at one of the LPC unis.

You might also want to ask the poster JSP on career implications as its not ideal failing two of the most important units , twice. Assuming you are applying to commercial firms I think they would find that alarming.
Thank you for your reply.
The funny thing is that I have checked with a few other students and I know a couple of them did not even know how to attempt the exams and they have all passed and to their surprise as well. I know that the Uni has a serious problem with the inconsistent exam results. I have studied in 4 different universities and I clearly know what is a good university. Getting admission in the UoL was my worst decision ever and I will strongly advise people not to go there. Not to mention the colour of your skin also matters, you can observe this from the tutors and management attitude/behaviour.
999tigger
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by uniofshitlaw)
Thank you for your reply.
The funny thing is that I have checked with a few other students and I know a couple of them did not even know how to attempt the exams and they have all passed and to their surprise as well. I know that the Uni has a serious problem with the inconsistent exam results. I have studied in 4 different universities and I clearly know what is a good university. Getting admission in the UoL was my worst decision ever and I will strongly advise people not to go there. Not to mention the colour of your skin also matters, you can observe this from the tutors and management attitude/behaviour.
I dont know really. If your peers are passing and you are not then how come?

I would be looking at my answers and exam technique. LPC is more application and procedural.
The people who said they didnt know how to do exams are clearly not telling the truth as they would all be graduates to be there?

You dont see that many complaints about UoL on TSR. It is just standard LPC along with BPP.
Also never seen complaints by students about racial prejudice from them. That is a very dodgy mindset to get yourself into. See what the SRA say or if you can transfer credits to any other provider. That is what I would be doing.
username4737448
Rep:
?
I dont know really. If your peers are passing and you are not then how come?

I would be looking at my answers and exam technique. LPC is more application and procedural.
The people who said they didnt know how to do exams are clearly not telling the truth as they would all be graduates to be there?

You dont see that many complaints about UoL on TSR. It is just standard LPC along with BPP.
Also never seen complaints by students about racial prejudice from them. That is a very dodgy mindset to get yourself into. See what the SRA say or if you can transfer credits to any other provider. That is what I would be doing.
thank you for your reply.
Well, I think I have not elaborated correctly, I have also done BA, MBA, LLM and IFA and all in first class and I
I know exactly how to attempt the LPC. I have noticed the examiners are inconsistent, my colleagues passed with my notes and with my answers, obviously there is something wrong and especially when Uni is denying my right to check the papers. Also, if people have not heard about the discrimination this does not mean that it has never happened or will never happen. Yes, there was discrimination which I raised with the management of different occasions and I am not making it up ! Anyway, thank you for your information above, it was helpful. much appreciated.
999tigger
Report 4 weeks ago
Not really here for an argument. Hope you sort things out for yourself GL.
username4737448
Rep:
?
Not really here for an argument. Hope you sort things out for yourself GL.
Thank you, my intention was not to argue however your info was helpful.
tega94
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I failed BLP with UoL also, results cam out last week. Are you on the accelerated programme?
(Original post by username4737448)
Thank you, my intention was not to argue however your info was helpful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Bloomsbury Undergraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (59)
22.1%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (91)
34.08%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (57)
21.35%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (25)
9.36%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (35)
13.11%

Watched Threads