Should I break up with my boyfriend? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
My boyfriend is Muslim and I am not. We have been together for almost a year now and I love him, however I am aware that we can't be together for ever because of the circumstances. Should I break up with him - although this will cause me to be very upset. Or should I keep the relationship and ignore the problem.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
why can't you be together forever? You love each other right?
Kieran******
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Do what u do girl
(Original post by Anonymous)
My boyfriend is Muslim and I am not. We have been together for almost a year now and I love him, however I am aware that we can't be together for ever because of the circumstances. Should I break up with him - although this will cause me to be very upset. Or should I keep the relationship and ignore the problem.
Fermion.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I would dump him because if you know realistically you wont ever be with them forever then why bother leading him on???
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Carry on but be realistic and don't predict the future; you don't know it!
Jawad!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Why can’t you be together? Have you talked to him about it? You can make it work if you both want it to
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
His parents don't approve of him having a girlfriend, especially if she is not Muslim.
why can't you be together forever? You love each other right?
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You are basically leading him on, break up with him
Cakey18
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If ur in love with your boyfriend be with him doesn’t matter the circumstances if ur both happy stay with each other don’t break up with your boyfriend he wants you to be in his life that’s why ur both together in love isn’t that a sign to you
Tamako2410
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I would suggest talking to your bf about it. I mean you'd put him on the spot but be calm and ask him, if he would go against his parents wishes in long term.

Cos the longer the realtionship carries out, the more attached you'll get. I'm sure he has thought about it too, and he might even get upset, but you should ask him what he thinks. If it comes down to it, would he break up with you in the future cos his parents were against it or he would stick with his partner.

I think you have to be real, I'm afraid. If he says he would never go against his parent's wishes, then you have your answer. Sooner is better than later, no?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (60)
21.82%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (93)
33.82%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (59)
21.45%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (27)
9.82%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (36)
13.09%

Watched Threads