The Student Room Group

British airways aircraft maintenance apprenticeship

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Thanks for all your info i really appreciate it. Good luck buddy
Reply 21
Original post by Aamer12
I havent done it yet as im working. Its due end of next week. Ive been sent a link so wont no until i actually complete it

Ok so you are already working. I also got the same thing to do.
Is there any Good Samaritan who can help if they know anyone who’s done it before.
Appreciate your esteemed support
Original post by Aamer12
Thanks for all your info i really appreciate it. Good luck buddy

Not a problem, if they hold an open day after interviews or a virtual equivalent they normally get some of us involved to speak to you all so if I get chance to get involved then I'll try and get on that.
Reply 23
Original post by Yatesy90
Not a problem, if they hold an open day after interviews or a virtual equivalent they normally get some of us involved to speak to you all so if I get chance to get involved then I'll try and get on that.

Yates90
Can you give us a brief idea how many Q in the virtual interview and what they are about.cheers mate 👍
Original post by Blakayo
Yates90
Can you give us a brief idea how many Q in the virtual interview and what they are about.cheers mate 👍

Unfortunately I don't know how they're working the virtual interview as I went through the process this time in 2019 when it was all done face to face.
Reply 25
Unfortunately I don't know how they're working the virtual interview as I went through the process this time in 2019 when it was all done face to face.

Ok thanks
Reply 26

Ive passed everything so far. Just been invited to do a video via link. If i pass that then theres a vitual assessment online
Reply 27
Original post by Blakayo
Ok so you are already working. I also got the same thing to do.
Is there any Good Samaritan who can help if they know anyone who’s done it before.
Appreciate your esteemed support

Yes i applied last year but got put on hold as covid. So i had to get myself a part time job for the year after my Alevels
Reply 28
Original post by Aamer12
Yes i applied last year but got put on hold as covid. So i had to get myself a part time job for the year after my Alevels

Ok you did not waste time.
I was also put on hold but got a place at uni to start a Beng in aerospace engineering.
I don’t know what I should do. Any advice
Reply 29
Original post by Blakayo
I was also put on hold but got a place at uni to start a Beng in aerospace engineering.

Im unsure myself to be honest. I would say just go for this apprenticeship if we get through then will be a good start to our career and future. I never wanted to go uni so stayed at school for Alevels
Reply 30
Original post by Blakayo

Yatesy90 has been a great help with all his advice.
Reply 31
Original post by Aamer12
Im unsure myself to be honest. I would say just go for this apprenticeship if we get through then will be a good start to our career and future. I never wanted to go uni so stayed at school for Alevels

Original post by Aamer12
Yatesy90 has been a great help with all his advice.

Thanks Bro. Do you have an idea how many intakes per batch ?
Reply 32
Original post by Blakayo
Thanks Bro. Do you have an idea how many intakes per batch ?

I have no idea. Do u live near Heathrow then? I live like 40mins away so its quite ideal for me i drive
Reply 33
Original post by Aamer12
I have no idea. Do u live near Heathrow then? I live like 40mins away so its quite ideal for me i drive

I live near London city airport and it takes me an hour to Heathrow.will need to move if selected
Reply 34
Original post by Blakayo
I live near London city airport and it takes me an hour to Heathrow.will need to move if selected

Oh ok. First year we will be living away from home anyhow. I.ll prob come home on weekends if allowed. Lets see what happens early days yet
The fact that BA has restarted apprentice recruitment shows that they are confident for the future.

Hello guys.
I’ve recently been invited to take the video interview and i’d love to know if there’s anyone who has had the video interview? Kindly assist with a quick rundown of what to expect.
Reply 36
Original post by Adell Jeye
Hello guys.
I’ve recently been invited to take the video interview and i’d love to know if there’s anyone who has had the video interview? Kindly assist with a quick rundown of what to expect.

Hey Adell
I am in the same boat waiting for someone to assist. If I manage to get some hints will let you know. Wish me luck
Original post by Blakayo
Hey Adell
I am in the same boat waiting for someone to assist. If I manage to get some hints will let you know. Wish me luck

Appreciated mate. I’m after that as well. Good luck.
i’ve actually discovered that after the virtual assessment that’s when an e-contract is drawn and some reference checks are done before you join the BA crew. Basically, the virtual assessment is the last stage of assessment before you’re awarded the apprenticeship.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 38
Original post by Adell Jeye
Appreciated mate. I’m after that as well. Good luck.
i’ve actually discovered that after the virtual assessment that’s when an e-contract is drawn and some reference checks are done before you join the BA crew. Basically, the virtual assessment is the last stage of assessment before you’re awarded the apprenticeship.

Thanks
Do you mean after the online interview there is another virtual assessment ?
Original post by Blakayo
Thanks
Do you mean after the online interview there is another virtual assessment ?

Yes, after the video interview which is due next week, there is a virtual assessment but that one it will actually be group exercises where we have to work as groups.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending