The Student Room Group

British Warfare (edexcel)

My warfare paper is in a couple of weeks and i genuinely am so lost in the topic. i have got study leave from now until then so if anyone has any recommended resources that would be really helpful :smile:
Original post by s0024728
My warfare paper is in a couple of weeks and i genuinely am so lost in the topic. i have got study leave from now until then so if anyone has any recommended resources that would be really helpful :smile:

yeah I've got British warfare too, for revision I've just being practicing planning loads of questions from the course, especially Crimean war since it hasn't come up yet so is almost inevitable to come up, especially since for Germany ethnic minorities hadn't come up yet before this year and it did so Edexcel might do the same thing here. In terms of resources I don't really have any to suggest but My teacher gave us this sheet that summarises the whole course that might help.

https://smhw-production.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/attachment/file/871e3b8e346de7357b94d963c279c83b/Unit_3_British_Experience_of_Warfare_FACTS.pdf
this is incredibly helpful, thank you so much!!
predictions?
Section A: won't be Boer War. Most likely Crimea - so I'm thinking it will be Seacole/Nightingale? Crimea hasn't come up so I think it will be in Section A as opposed to an optional question. Yet, WWI - both trench warfare and war in the air - is also likely, perhaps something on the RFC?
- War in the air, trench warfare and Crimea have not come up in Section A yet
Section B: this is what hasn't come up:
- French Wars impact on economy, agr, commerce etc
- Nightingale/Seacole
- Russell/Fenton
- Roberts/Kitchener/Bullers
- WWI movement to attrition
- public perception of war
- Impact of aerial reconnaissance
- impact on public opinion of Zeppelin/Gotha bombing.
I think we can be certain a WWI question will come up. I'd like to think Nightingale/Seacole would come up, but only if Crimea isn't in Section A (?). French Wars and Boer War came up last year in this section.
Section C:
- only thing that hasn't come up yet is the recruitment side of things and Graham/Fisher's reforms.
Yet, I think that there will be a recruitment section ( which I will, for sure, avoid :smile: ) and a section on the populace and war effort?? Not looking forward to this bit :/
Would have liked army/naval reforms or weaponry changes but Haldane and changes to artillery came up last year.

Overall, I am gonna study hard on all of Section C, revise Crimea profusely, and have a look at Trench Warfare maybe?

Good luck everyone!
Original post by israelnwisi14
yeah I've got British warfare too, for revision I've just being practicing planning loads of questions from the course, especially Crimean war since it hasn't come up yet so is almost inevitable to come up, especially since for Germany ethnic minorities hadn't come up yet before this year and it did so Edexcel might do the same thing here. In terms of resources I don't really have any to suggest but My teacher gave us this sheet that summarises the whole course that might help.

https://smhw-production.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/attachment/file/871e3b8e346de7357b94d963c279c83b/Unit_3_British_Experience_of_Warfare_FACTS.pdf

This is so helpful thank you SO MUCH <3
Reply 7
Original post by s0024728

yeah im literally in the same boat i have nooooo idea where to start, could anyone recommend topics/ themes i should miss out as i literally dont have the time?
I mean, it’s what I literally posted yesterday if you just look above
good luck for tomorrow everyone

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending