The Student Room Group

Am I an international student? :/

Hey yall
So I was wondering if I go to university, do I count as an international student or not.

I’m in UK
I’m in sixth form.
I’m in year 12
I’m South Asian
I’m not british
I don’t have a british citizen ship
I lived in the UK for a almost 3 years now
I only have a dependent visa only for the UK (non-EU) expiring in about 3 years (then I have to renew it)
I got a BRP (british residential permit)
I did UK GCSEs
I’m gonna do UK a levels

So do I count as an international student? Because I don’t have a british passport? :frown:((((( or do I count as a national student because I did GCSEs and I live in the UK?

Any help would be appreciated! :3 :smile: :] :} :> c: :biggrin: [s]jumphug[\s]
Main reason is international students fees are high :frown:
Also what are cons and pros of international and national students?
seems more like international mainly cause:
On the first day of the first academic year of the course, to qualify as a home student, all of the following criteria must be fulfilled by the student:

Be free from any immigration restrictions (e.g. British citizenship, exercising EU Freedom of Movement Rights, indefinite leave to enter/remain, right of abode, free from immigration control (as a diplomat or member of air crew))
Be ordinarily resident in the United Kingdom
Have been ordinarily resident in the United Kingdom, Channel Islands and/or Isle of Man for the whole period of the three years directly preceding the first day of the academic course
The main purpose for the three years' residence in the UK and Islands must not have been to receive full-time education during any part of it, unless the student is a European Union citizen (but not a British citizen) and immediately prior to the three-year period was ordinarily resident in the European Economic Area, Switzerland or qualifying overseas territories (see below).
[quote="Boiii;83441772" Revision="Revision"]Hey yall
So I was wondering if I go to university, do I count as an international student or not.

I’m in UK
I’m in sixth form.
I’m in year 12
I’m South Asian
I’m not british
I don’t have a british citizen ship
I lived in the UK for a almost 3 years now
I only have a dependent visa only for the UK (non-EU) expiring in about 3 years (then I have to renew it)
I got a BRP (british residential permit)
I did UK GCSEs
I’m gonna do UK a levels

So do I count as an international student? Because I don’t have a british passport? :frown:((((( or do I count as a national student because I did GCSEs and I live in the UK?

Any help would be appreciated! :3 :smile: :] :} :> c: :biggrin: :jumphug:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending