Theresa May confirms resignation date Watch

shooks
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
"I am today announcing that I will resign as Conservative leader on Friday 7 June," she says.

"I have agreed with the party chairman that the process for electing a new leader will begin in the following week."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48395905
Last edited by -Eirlys-; 3 weeks ago
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Is this good or bad though? I mean she's useless and ineffective but at least she is a known quantity and not completely brain dead like most of the potential contenders.
thex-men
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
she through she could deal with brexit
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Personally I hope we see a General Election once she is replaced.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
thex-men
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
another general election
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
b

o

r

i

s
Tenya Iida
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by the bear)
b

o

r

i

s
how are you doing that i feel very uncomfortable
abdi1234567
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
First Cameron now May
chelseagirl2002
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I don't know what to say. She is a bit useless, but we are most likely not going to get someone decent or even slightly better than her.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Tenya Iida)
how are you doing that i feel very uncomfortable
:iiam:
Tenya Iida
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by the bear)
:iiam:
you have the presence of a god. i am fearing for my life, good sir.
WestDragon
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Honestly who in their right mind would want to be Prime Minister of a group of shouting toddlers?

What a coincidental date.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Tenya Iida)
you have the presence of a god. i am fearing for my life, good sir.
:kungfu:
-Eirlys-
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I've added a link to your post shooks so it can stay in this section of D&CA.

People have been so mean and cruel to Theresa. She's a human being at the end of the day. It is so stressful to be a prime minister and it seems she's tried her best. She didn't want Brexit in the first place but she's been through so much to do what the UK asked for. It broke my heart to see her choke up at the end. How can people be so cold to someone just because they're a political figure? :sigh:
BtbOz
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I agree that she is a human being so doesn't deserve horrific hate- But honestly I would've had so much more respect for her is she'd have accepted when she realized she couldn't carry through with the plan how she felt she had to. And because of that the country has struggled even more than what was necessary. I also agree that we should not be cold to political figures we are all human beings.
(Original post by -Eirlys-)

People have been so mean and cruel to Theresa. She's a human being at the end of the day. It is so stressful to be a prime minister and it seems she's tried her best. She didn't want Brexit in the first place but she's been through so much to do what the UK asked for. It broke my heart to see her choke up at the end. How can people be so cold to someone just because they're a political figure? :sigh:
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
:cockup:
username2923348
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Corbyns Tweet that he made is in very poor taste I think, I borders on heavy irony considering his own party is in shambles.
Themysticalegg
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
As a Conservative I can't say I'm particularly happy about this, I believe she needed to go but I also believe Boris is the opposite of what we need and is even worse. A man with minimal diplomatic tact who offends every other nation in the world. I will be voting for whoever is his opponent.
Occitanie
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by -Eirlys-)

Oooh noooo... her feewings!!

She’s an appeaser.

On the contrary, she’s done everything she can to delay Brexit. She even proposed a deal multiple times that was dressed as “Brexit” but resembling continued membership in the EU.

Good riddance. No sympathy from me.

Being PM is demanding, but people know that before taking the job. If you can’t handle it, don’t present yourself, or resign if it’s too much - like any other job to be fair.
Last edited by Occitanie; 3 weeks ago
Occitanie
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
https://mobile.twitter.com/LeaveEUOf...67150774358016
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (304)
15.18%
The paper was reasonable (1107)
55.29%
Not feeling great about that exam... (434)
21.68%
It was TERRIBLE (157)
7.84%

Watched Threads