The Student Room Group

Theresa May confirms resignation date

Scroll to see replies

How many more leaders will Farage bring down?
May’s resignation speech was dreadful.

She lectured everyone on the need to compromise seemingly unaware that her time as PM has been about intransigence and an unwillingness to compromise.
Original post by the bear
[scrollr]b[/scrollr]

[scroll]o[/scroll]

[scrollr]r[/scrollr]

[scroll]i[/scroll]

[scrollr]s[/scrollr]

he is a clown
Strong and stable.
Reply 24
Original post by -Eirlys-
I've added a link to your post @shooks so it can stay in this section of D&CA.

People have been so mean and cruel to Theresa. She's a human being at the end of the day. It is so stressful to be a prime minister and it seems she's tried her best. She didn't want Brexit in the first place but she's been through so much to do what the UK asked for. It broke my heart to see her choke up at the end. How can people be so cold to someone just because they're a political figure? :sigh:

Because she wanted that job and she ****ed it up. It’s part of the job description that whilst she gets any potential kudos when **** hits the fan it’s her head on the block.
Actually quite sad to see her go, she was a good prime minister and I really do think she tried her best to deliver Brexit whilst keeping both side of the political spectrum happy. The fact that she made it this far is really astonishing, any other prime minister would have likely resigned already with all the stress. I feel like we are going to get someone worse than May
Original post by the bear
[scrollr]:iiam:[/scrollr]

[scroll] :ms: [/scroll]
Original post by The RAR
I feel like we are going to get someone worse than May

Like Boris Johnson - wholly unsuited to hold high office. Or any office for that matter: he couldn't manage a whelk stall.
surprised anyone wants that job
it's a cursed position
I am INFURIATED by this. I cannot believe it. Theresa, how could you?!
Without a GE it's just gonna make things worse seeing as the main man at the moment seems to be BoJo. I worry he might try and do a harder brexit which would be a bit gross.
Reply 31
Original post by random_matt
How many more leaders will Farage bring down?

Whom has he brought down? Cameron was brought down by his own hubris when he did an Icarus and May was simply utterly ineffective with or without that alcoholic cuck whinging at every given turn.
I don't care for the politics or her job role. It is sad to live in a country where people are so cold and vindictive when it comes to politics. It's something to approach civilly and maturely, yet people (both the public and the politicians) act like children or even animals. It is shameful imo.
Original post by Occitanie
Oooh noooo... her feewings!!

She’s an appeaser.

On the contrary, she’s done everything she can to delay Brexit. She even proposed a deal multiple times that was dressed as “Brexit” but resembling continued membership in the EU.

Good riddance. No sympathy from me.

Being PM is demanding, but people know that before taking the job. If you can’t handle it, don’t present yourself, or resign if it’s too much - like any other job to be fair.
Reply 33
I guess June is the end of May... as stated in the calendar
PRSOM
yh I agree
it's pretty appaling tbh
Original post by -Eirlys-
I don't care for the politics or her job role. It is sad to live in a country where people are so cold and vindictive when it comes to politics. It's something to approach civilly and maturely, yet people (both the public and the politicians) act like children or even animals. It is shameful imo.
Original post by Reality Check
Like Boris Johnson - wholly unsuited to hold high office. Or any office for that matter: he couldn't manage a whelk stall.

All we really have is his overwhelming self-regard. That seems to be enough for many Tories, but it isn't enough for intelligent human beings. The mere fact that he can cheerfully condemn an innocent woman to years of an Iranian prison because he couldn't be bothered to read his brief as Foreign Secretary and yet that count for nothing points to what a surreal process this is. The Tory Party appears, simply put, to have lost its mind.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
All we really have is his overwhelming self-regard. That seems to be enough for many Tories, but it isn't enough for intelligent human beings. The mere fact that he can cheerfully condemn an innocent woman to years of an Iranian prison because he couldn't be bothered to read his brief as Foreign Secretary and yet that count for nothing points to what a surreal process this is. The Tory Party appears, simply put, to have lost its mind.

The whole thing horrifies and baffles me. Where are all the statesmen in parliament at the moment? How did we get into such a pickle? Is the cream of the crop really a choice between such luminaries as Boris Johnson, Matthew 'please Miss can I go on the Today programme again this morning please' Hancock and Liz Truss. It makes me think of that Sun headline:

Original post by Reality Check
The whole thing horrifies and baffles me. Where are all the statesmen in parliament at the moment? How did we get into such a pickle? Is the cream of the crop really a choice between such luminaries as Boris Johnson, Matthew 'please Miss can I go on the Today programme again this morning please' Hancock and Liz Truss. It makes me think of that Sun headline:

At this rate, Corbyn is going to end up looking like the competent one. :rofl:
She was handed an impossible role with Brexit being the focus - there's no way to do it successfully, given it's an inherently absurd act of national self harm - however her approach has basically been about causing more chaos: absolute intransigence over self imposed red lines, a refusal to even open to cross party discussions until after we'd had to apply for an extension, and a needless and pointless GE after she'd started the clock ticking. By far and away Britain's worst ever prime minister, and that promised chaos under Milliband and then Corbyn is looking more preferable as the days go on.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
By far and away Britain's worst ever prime minister.

I don't think we can say that yet - the body isn't even cold. More to the point, that appellation might well be better suited to whoever her successor will be.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending