Am I still protected after taking the pill 14 hours late Watch

Kissabrown1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I’m currently on the Rigevidon pill and I’ve been on it for 9 months now and I’ve never taken a pill this late that’s why I’m panicking a little bit. I missed my pill by 14 hours but took it as soon as I remembered and I just wanted to know is there still a chance of me being pregnant. I’ve googled it and it seems that I’m still protected because it’s only considered a late pill not a missed one but some advice would really be nice. Bare in mind me and my boyfriend had intercourse 4 days ago.
Last edited by Kissabrown1; 7 months ago
Anonymous #1
Report 8 months ago
If you have missed 1 pill anywhere in the pack or started a new pack 1 day late, you're still protected against pregnancy.

You should:

take the last pill you missed now, even if this means taking 2 pills in 1 day
carry on taking the rest of the pack as normal
take your 7-day pill-free break as normal, or if you're on an everyday (ED) pill, take your dummy (inactive) pills
You do not need to use extra contraception.
Haider.alix
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I dont know why my comment was posted anonymously lol . Its mine. Take care..........one more thing If you have missed 2 or more pills anywhere in the pack or started a new pack 2 or more days late (48 hours or more), your protection against pregnancy may be affected.
(Original post by Anonymous)
If you have missed 1 pill anywhere in the pack or started a new pack 1 day late, you're still protected against pregnancy.

You should:

take your 7-day pill-free break as normal, or if you're on an everyday (ED) pill, take your dummy (inactive) pills
Simmzy29
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

You should:

What if u miss a pill but only take one the next day and not an extra one
Simmzy29
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

You should:

What if u miss a pill but only take one the next day and not an extra one
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (51)
30.54%
No (87)
52.1%
Don't know (29)
17.37%

Watched Threads