Do you prefer to shop online or in store?

Watch
shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
For me it's shifted from mostly online to mostly in store, since I started working in a city centre!

But how about you, do you prefer to shop online, or in store?
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Depends on what it is I'm buying, there are some things I'd rather go into a store to buy (clothes & food shopping) but I generally prefer buying online.
Shibu the Doge
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I’m too lazy to do both
shadowdweller
Rep:
(Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ)
Depends on what it is I'm buying, there are some things I'd rather go into a store to buy (clothes & food shopping) but I generally prefer buying online.
Ditto for food shopping - I find online way more convenient, but I always forget so much stuff that in store it is!
shadowdweller
Rep:
(Original post by Revision Boiii)
I’m too lazy to do both
How can you be too lazy to shop online!? :lol:
JustOneMoreThing
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I do mostly all clothes shopping online, stores for food although I'm itching to switch to online, I pretty much try my best to avoid dull tasks, and picking out the right avocado fits that description.
amazingwordsx
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
i feel like i get carried away online LOL
Shibu the Doge
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by shadowdweller)
How can you be too lazy to shop online!? :lol:
Tbh It’s a lot more effort because you need to compare different versions of it. But if you go to a store you just buy the one that they got - but I can’t be bothered to go the store. So either way I have to not be lazy which no can do. I typed for so long I deserve a 30 min break now.
I'mPooPoo
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Clothes online, for fruit and veg I go to the shop and everything else (regarding food/drink) I order online.
AlmostLove
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I do seem to find more things online but that doesn't stop me from going in stores sometimes and picking up some clothes from there.
Angry_Kid
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I prefer to go into the store to buy stuff, but I do like to browse the store online first though! I hate it when I see something I really like online, then go into the store to see it / try it on and they don't have it in store!
Megxn0
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I prefer in store, but I look online a lot too
xDron3
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Online, much cheaper and easier to compare.

Unless it's clothes, I never buy clothes online. It's worth paying the extra to go in store, have a look, try it on etc
ThomH97
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
In store if possible. I like to know I have what I want rather than waiting to see if I like what I bought a week ago.
blue2019
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
it depends tho...i its random things like i don't know stationary or wires Nd stuff then yes but i it's expensive stuff like electronics or clothes then from a trustworthy shop otherwise no.. Once I bough roller skates from this very famous sports shop over here and instead o size 5 it came back as size 3 and it was hassle sending it back plus not all my money was returned
username2998742
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Definitely in store
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
It depends on the item i'm shopping for.
MidgetFever
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I prefer shopping for clothes at actual shops, there's nothing worse than finding something really cute and finding that it doesn't fit you properly.

I shop online for almost everything else though.
Jamesshoreo
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Depends what it is. I'd rather see things 'in the flesh' such as clothes, and larger electrical goods. but the rest I buy online. Although, I am quite sceptical about spending over £100 online
ivanovserega794
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Personally, I like to shop in store so I can check the item clearly but with our current situation, I think online store is much practical and safe
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.39%
Okay (115)
29.19%
A bit lacking (150)
38.07%
Not good at all (92)
23.35%

Watched Threads