username4728618
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-years-GP.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...slim-veil.html

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...-20000-online/

This is what the world has come to guys. I am truly saddened by this story. A civilised and well educated individual who has done nothing but contribute to our society is facing the sack after politely asking his patient to remove her veil so he could understand what she was saying.
Last edited by username4728618; 1 month ago
Trotsky's Iceaxe
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Choosing to play the discrimination card. Talk about messed up priorities.

Telling that she didn’t object until her husband got involved. What is more important, communicating effectively about the health of your daughter or a male doctor seeing your wife’s face?
Last edited by Trotsky's Iceaxe; 1 month ago
Occitanie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What the **** is wrong with some people. Seeing that the woman didn’t object, it’s quite clear her husband is a ****.
username4728618
Rep:
?
(Original post by Trotsky's Iceaxe)
What gets me is that rather than comply with the request so that she can effectively communicate information about her daughter’s health, she choose to play the discrimination card. Talk about messed up priorities.
The funny thing is her husband or should I say her owner had a problem with the doctor asking to remove her veil. I cannot believe what this country has become. The idea that after years of education and experience you could face the sack after literally just doing your job is shocking.
username4728618
Rep:
?
(Original post by Occitanie)
What the **** is wrong with some people. Seeing that the woman didn’t object, it’s quite clear her husband is a ****.
Couldn't she speak for herself or is that asking for too much?
Occitanie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mental Asylum)
Couldn't she speak for herself or is that asking for too much?
She’s not the first British Muslim woman that’s controlled by the husband, and she certainly won’t be the last. This is another example of religion (Islam) trumping reason.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
let's hope that Boris restores some sanity soon
username4728618
Rep:
?
(Original post by the bear)
let's hope that Boris restores some sanity soon
I seriously doubt it. I'm pretty sure if Britain continues to act the way it does we will see the shahada over The London Eye.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I seriously doubt it. I'm pretty sure if Britain continues to act the way it does we will see the shahada over The London Eye.
the shahada will hit the fan
Dee Light
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Stop using this as a blatant excuse for your hatred. She has as much right to practice her religion as you do and its not an excuse to be racist or xenophobic. If you actually read the article, the Doctor left under His own accord, and if He stayed He would most likely get a slap on the risk. He is the one playing the victim card, and is working people current views on immigration to further the hatred.

Stop being hateful.
username4728618
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dee Light)
Stop using this as a blatant excuse for your hatred. She has as much right to practice her religion as you do and its not an excuse to be racist or xenophobic. If you actually read the article, the Doctor left under His own accord, and if He stayed He would most likely get a slap on the risk. He is the one playing the victim card, and is working people current views on immigration to further the hatred.

Stop being hateful.
Hatred for what exactly? It has nothing to do with practising your religion but more to do with the reputation of the doctor which the couple clearly ruined. I am confused as to why she couldn't simply comply with the doctors orders after all her daughters health was on the line. How can he possible do his job if he couldn't hear the woman speak properly?
Hi freinds
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

This is what the world has come to guys. I am truly saddened by this story. A civilised and well educated individual who has done nothing but contribute to our society is facing the sack after politely asking his patient to remove her veil so he could understand what she was saying.
she should have asked for a female doctor or left instead of this bs
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Stop being hateful.
It is not hateful to lament that extremists use a simple and reasonable request to facilitate clear communication as an excuse to complain. A slap on the wrist for such a request should never be even vaguely possible. These people should integrate themselves into normal society.
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
if it was a genuine mistake then fine, but seriously who can be that clueless? personally hope the burka is banned
Dee Light
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hatred for what exactly? It has nothing to do with practising your religion but more to do with the reputation of the doctor which the couple clearly ruined. I am confused as to why she couldn't simply comply with the doctors orders after all her daughters health was on the line. How can he possible do his job if he couldn't hear the woman speak properly?
HE went the press, HE made it public. It would not have "ruined his reputation" if he had
1. not left
2. went to the news outlets
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
HE went the press, HE made it public. It would not have "ruined his reputation" if he had
1. not left
It seems to have escaped your attention that he is a locum and would have left anyway, and that the article says he has not been able to secure further work because of the incident.
Last edited by Good bloke; 1 month ago
username4728618
Rep:
?
1. not left
The concept of reputation doesn't just exist when dealing with journalists. You sound confused.
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Well if she was unwilling to coperate with the doctor she should have just left, and let the gp get on with helping patients with other serious health issues who don't want to waste the NHS's time.

Clearly just someone whos got nothing better to do then ruin everyone else's life
Guru Jason
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My father has encounterd problems before when speaking to people. He has only ever had 30% hearing and really struggle to understand people without lip reading. I wonder if he would ever get in trouble if he had asked that of someone if he was being served in a shop or something.
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Now once the doctor quits, he should go work as a consultant in private medical industry or as an advisor to healthcare investors in private equity. Probably make 3x on his current salary without having to deal with the hours/life of a doctor.

This highlights the problem of the state sector, way to much bureaucracy and total BS, management should have swiftly dismissed the complaint, its no wonder doctors are leaving the nhs.

What happens to the family who made this complaint, probably got a compensation payout or something else ridiculous...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are your favourite crisps?

Kettle Chips (38)
15.97%
McCoys Salt and Vinegar (17)
7.14%
McCoys Flame Grilled Steak (17)
7.14%
Walkers Prawn Cockail (26)
10.92%
Monster Munch (18)
7.56%