The Creation of the TSR Citizen's Party Watch

Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by _thestudent33)
:blah: Is this the new way of sorting out inactivity?
I will certainly be bearing that in mind when I make the decision on whether to approve this new party.

(Original post by SoggyCabbages)
Ooooooooooof.

At least Connor has UU's dupes to fill the gaps.
Well don't forget that Catus was elected as an independent, so retains her seat as an independent now, with the opportunity to become the new party's first MP if this proposal is approved.
CatusStarbright
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
No but I know a lot about this
Same.
(Original post by quirky editor)
The party is too similar to the Liberal democrats and Libertarians. It should not be created.
No, the LDs are centre/centre-left and the Libers are socially conservative right-wingers. We are neither of those things.
username8408717
Badges: 19
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
I will certainly be bearing that in mind when I make the decision on whether to approve this new party.
:yy:
Asolare
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
What kind of nonsense is banning cirumcision? You do realise that for certain religions it's part of their faith?
For certain religions, stoning homosexuals is part of their faith. That doesn't make it objectively permissable?
username8408717
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by CatusStarbright)
Same.
Are you muslim?
Connor27
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Best of luck to the members involved, I regret that they did not inform me of their decision in advance but obviously they think it’s for the best.

I hope the Speaker chooses to approve the creation of this Party for the sake of the MHoC.
SankaraInBloom
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Saunders16)
You shamefully tried to join the Libertarian Party and then let them down because the attempt to get rid of Connor failed. You are a political opportunist who was not even able to serve as a competent MP or deputy leader.
Well for a start, Connor invited me to join the Libers, I was waiting for the user group situation to be sorted when this proposal came up. I had no idea about a coup and quite frankly I wouldn't have backed one. No problem with the Libers on a personal level but there's a definite gap in the marketplace of ideas to be filled.

As for my MP and Deputy Leadership aspirations, there was a significant breakdown in relations which stifled my ability to operate. I downed tools and that's unacceptable, but it's also why I left the Lib Dems. They're a good party and they deserve to be treated like that.
Saunders16
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Aph)
We didn't try a coup d'etat against Connor.

And if your issue is the members that's not a reason to deny the house a much needed new voice.
You launched a motion of no confidence against him on the basis that he was mean to you, in the hope of a new leader to your liking, and when you lost you implemented a new party I am sure you had in the works.

You are nothing but a snake and this only has two members who can be described as active. I hope you will not find another 8 and as long as you don't I hope you are excluded from any party. Shame on you, you are no friend of my party or I.
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I have to say that I'm quite pleased to see a Ciudadanos / En Marche / FDP-type proposal. It was one of what I had in mind to be the two obvious niches to fill.
Saunders16
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Connor27)
Best of luck to the members involved, I regret that they did not inform me of their decision in advance but obviously they think it’s for the best.

I hope the Speaker chooses to approve the creation of this Party for the sake of the MHoC.
You complete and utter pussy. You should resign in shame.
username8408717
Report 8 months ago

I hope the Speaker does not approve this :claus:
Saunders16
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I hope the Speaker does not approve this :claus:
Hear, hear! Let's reject this coalition of opportunists and inactive nobodies!
Aph
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by quirky editor)
The party is too similar to the Liberal democrats and Libertarians. It should not be created.
The liberal democrats are left wing, we are right wing.
The Libertarians are further right than even the conservitives and are mostly social conservatives, we aren't either.
Saunders16
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Same.

No, the LDs are centre/centre-left and the Libers are socially conservative right-wingers. We are neither of those things.
The Libertarian Party were a broad church until you people shamefully deserted their cowardly leader.
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Are you muslim?
No.

Thank you, I hope you are not disappointed by our decision.
You launched a motion of no confidence against him on the basis that he was mean to you, in the hope of a new leader to your liking, and when you lost you implemented a new party I am sure you had in the works.

You are nothing but a snake and this only has two members who can be described as active. I hope you will not find another 8 and as long as you don't I hope you are excluded from any party. Shame on you, you are no friend of my party or I.
We don't need 10 members anymore if that's what you mean.
I have to say that I'm quite pleased to see a Ciudadanos / En Marche / FDP-type proposal. It was one of what I had in mind to be the two obvious niches to fill.
We thought so too
SankaraInBloom
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Ciudadanos was absolutely what I had in mind when I proposed the name!
username8408717
Report 8 months ago
No.
That explains your misunderstandings... :rolleyes:
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
The Libertarian Party were a broad church until you people shamefully deserted their cowardly leader.
Barely a broad church. We have broken off due to the party shifting rightwards and leaving us behind, where there is a gap to be filled for a new party.
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
That explains your misunderstandings... :rolleyes:
I have no misunderstandings thanks.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago

You say this but even Connor admits that this party should go ahead. And I shall not discuss the VoNC with you.

Also, we do not have a membership requirement, it is entirely the speakers call
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (478)
66.48%
No (241)
33.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed