The Creation of the TSR Citizen's Party Watch

Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Oh God is this really going to work...!?
Mr T 999
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Aph)
The liberal democrats are left wing, we are right wing.
The Libertarians are further right than even the conservitives and are mostly social conservatives, we aren't either.
Name me socially conservative policies that the libers have proposed recently?
(Original post by CatusStarbright)
Barely a broad church. We have broken off due to the party shifting rightwards and leaving us behind, where there is a gap to be filled for a new party.
How are we not broad church? We have various views in the libers.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Trying to find differences between this and the Lib Dems, or is it just that none of you are allowed in that party?
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Mr T 999)
Disappointed to see 2 members leave without informing the party. Regardless of that, it will be interesting to have CUK in mhoc, so I am mildly supportive of this.
Why do I get the feeling that Aph is the one designed that gay looking logo and made the party colours pink? :rolleyes:
We designed it together
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
Trying to find differences between this and the Lib Dems, or is it just that none of you are allowed in that party?
Well one of us just left the LDs and I have never tried applying because I prefer to do this. To my knowledge Aph has not attempted to re-apply after leaving either.
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Mr T 999)
How are we not broad church? We have various views in the libers.
I know this, though the party is predominantly socially conservative. It's not necessarily a criticism, it's just not for me anymore.
Connor27
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
04MR17 Have you granted permission for Petros to have a dual membership with this proposed party?
Mr T 999
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I know this, though the party is predominantly socially conservative. It's not necessarily a criticism, it's just not for me anymore.
As I said to Aph name me socially conservative policies that the libers have proposed recently?
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
We designed it together

Well one of us just left the LDs and I have never tried applying because I prefer to do this. To my knowledge Aph has not attempted to re-apply after leaving either.
Right, and you decide out of that to set up a Lib Dem clone?
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by SankaraInBloom)
Looking forward to getting to work, we've got some good ideas and it should shake the game up a bit.
This is immediately after leaving a party with an almost identical policy set, call me bonkers but it seems to be you simply decided to leave a party just to make a clone of it
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Saunders16)
The Libertarian Party were a broad church until you people shamefully deserted their cowardly leader.
Pot, kettle, black
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Barely a broad church. We have broken off due to the party shifting rightwards and leaving us behind, where there is a gap to be filled for a new party.
A shift that happened before either of you joined
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by LemonBotex)
Naturally I am supportive of this.

Not sure why Saunders has completely flipped out at this proposal as if we had attacked his first born, but there we are.

It could be an interesting niche into the game, and it is always good to refresh every so often, and this is a good way to do it imo.
It's a niche that already is filled, just because one member left the Lib Dems because they couldn't become leader, one wasn't allowed to join, and the third didn't even try doesn't mean they aren't a Lib Dem clone.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by SankaraInBloom)
Well for a start, Connor invited me to join the Libers, I was waiting for the user group situation to be sorted when this proposal came up. I had no idea about a coup and quite frankly I wouldn't have backed one. No problem with the Libers on a personal level but there's a definite gap in the marketplace of ideas to be filled.

As for my MP and Deputy Leadership aspirations, there was a significant breakdown in relations which stifled my ability to operate. I downed tools and that's unacceptable, but it's also why I left the Lib Dems. They're a good party and they deserve to be treated like that.
This implies it was somebody else's idea, meanwhile in the other place you claim it was your idea, who's idea was this?
LiberOfLondon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
15587225927492121981938.jpg
This party is about as libertarian as my right index and middle finger (in photo). Banning academies, carbon taxes, the ECHR and tearing up the right to life are the policies of the Left.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Mossbourne)
15587225927492121981938.jpg
This party is about as libertarian as my right index and middle finger (in photo). Banning academies, carbon taxes, the ECHR and tearing up the right to life are the policies of the Left.
The Libertarian bit in there is to try to kid people that it isn't the Lib Dem clone that it is, just like their real life CUK equivalents.
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Right, and you decide out of that to set up a Lib Dem clone?
We're more to the right of the LDs.
A shift that happened before either of you joined
Which I did not fully realise the extent of, but that doesn't matter now.
This implies it was somebody else's idea, meanwhile in the other place you claim it was your idea, who's idea was this?
I had been thinking of it for a while and then Adam mentioned on Saturday that he'd be interested in making a new party so I reached out immediately.
The Libertarian bit in there is to try to kid people that it isn't the Lib Dem clone that it is, just like their real life CUK equivalents.
There is no explicitly libertarian bit.
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
We would like to welcome Joep95 aboard.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Guess what? I won't be joining.
Other_Owl
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Did an Eton Boy write this?
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
We're more to the right of the LDs.

Which I did not fully realise the extent of, but that doesn't matter now.

I had been thinking of it for a while and then Adam mentioned on Saturday that he'd be interested in making a new party so I reached out immediately.

There is no explicitly libertarian bit.
Where are you to the right of the Lib Dems? I guess there's privatisation of the NHS (something incredibly right wing which is apparently a problem to you guys) but other than that it's Lib Dem through and through given it's a load of moralistic rambling
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (478)
66.48%
No (241)
33.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed