Online A Levels?!!!! Watch

RM0603
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I need help,

Should I consider online a levels through cloudlearn or should I just go to college and study a level equivalent e.g level 3 qualifications

The main benefit of online a levels on cloudlearn is there is no entry requirements and you can access work whenever. You will receive a tutor.

The main drawback that it cost.

What should I do.
Online A Levels
College Lvl 3
ee22
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I have studied A Levels online and I’m currently sitting 2 after I sat 2 previously.

Honestly, if it’s not necessary to have A levels and it won’t make any difference to your future opportunities I would go to college. I began a Level 3 course at college but became worried this would be the case for me. And especially if you are going to find a Levels difficult, you can get more UCAS points through Level 3 equivalent.

I must outline that it can be really difficult and the tutors do not give you the same amount of attention as a teacher but if you have the organisation, motivation and determination it’s possible. But ultimately understand your abilities and subject strengths and don’t get swayed by the novelty of no entry requirements because I failed one in 2017 and wasted a lot of money in the process. Basically at the time I had spent a lot of money and had nothing to show for it.

For me this time round as I’ve had coursework and couldn’t find a local college to sit them at as a private candidate like last time, it’s cost more to sit my exams than to purchase the courses. However, studying these A Levels has allowed me to get a place at university (through predicated grades) that I wouldn’t have obtained otherwise.
RM0603
Rep:
?
Thanks for advice and info

(Original post by ee22)
I have studied A Levels online and I’m currently sitting 2 after I sat 2 previously.

Honestly, if it’s not necessary to have A levels and it won’t make any difference to your future opportunities I would go to college. I began a Level 3 course at college but became worried this would be the case for me. And especially if you are going to find a Levels difficult, you can get more UCAS points through Level 3 equivalent.

I must outline that it can be really difficult and the tutors do not give you the same amount of attention as a teacher but if you have the organisation, motivation and determination it’s possible. But ultimately understand your abilities and subject strengths and don’t get swayed by the novelty of no entry requirements because I failed one in 2017 and wasted a lot of money in the process. Basically at the time I had spent a lot of money and had nothing to show for it.

For me this time round as I’ve had coursework and couldn’t find a local college to sit them at as a private candidate like last time, it’s cost more to sit my exams than to purchase the courses. However, studying these A Levels has allowed me to get a place at university (through predicated grades) that I wouldn’t have obtained otherwise.
nio.m
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
How would you do praticals tho if you are doing like science a-levels? Because for science a level you have to do pratical exams to get the pratical endorsement and in a school, the teachers are even way more lenient about it ngl, you can do nothing and still get it.
RM0603
Rep:
?
I’m ok with practicals
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Bloomsbury Undergraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (36)
24.66%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (51)
34.93%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (25)
17.12%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (11)
7.53%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (23)
15.75%

Watched Threads